Let's see your Pedals and Grips!

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Let's see your Pedals and grips!

My first emtb is getting delivered at the end of the week. Went with the 2020 levo comp. Excited is an understatement. I went with the full black frame but was very tempted by the taupe/orange. I'm thinking I'll want to bring in some color to the overall appearance and no better way than new pedals and grips etc. My DMR v12s on my analog are just black so I'm looking for some new ideas.

OMLLENADO

Oct 8, 2019
CALIFORNIA
Let's see your Pedals and grips!

My first emtb is getting delivered at the end of the week. Went with the 2020 levo comp. Excited is an understatement. I went with the full black frame but was very tempted by the taupe/orange. I'm thinking I'll want to bring in some color to the overall appearance and no better way than new pedals and grips etc. My DMR v12s on my analog are just black so I'm looking for some new ideas.
I just ordered a black one UP on amazon. I want the stamp but thought I try composite pedals

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Currently using the oneup composite pedals are they have been fantastic. Loads of grip with 5ten shoes and have been completely reliable. Cheap too!

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Here's mine, Saint pedals and Ergon grips
IMG_20190910_195956.jpg
IMG_20190912_185207.jpg

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
Comp and Expert on order for arrival next week ,Black C/Brothers Mallet E and black marsh guards Black ODI grips .........Black on Black all round

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
p4pb17205984.jpg

Nothing to do with being an E bike. Flats are simply more fun.

As is riding gloveless...
sensus-lite6

Ribbed for MY pleasure ;)

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I have stuck to my trusty XTR pedals. Have never felt comfortable on flats - probably due to my weight and slowness having the ability to assist the bikes lift and trajectorywhen coming across an unexpected gap in the trail or to bunny-hop over assorted small rocks & branches.
Usually run stock grips until they wear out then find something comfortable - or take the stockers off while new and put on some soft foam grips.

Pedals.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
clips do actually make quite a lot of sense when riding such heavy bikes. more for wheel placement than bunnyhopping. I still bunnyhop properly even when I'm clipped in. Can't help it.

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
As is riding gloveless...
sensus-lite6

Ribbed for MY pleasure ;)

Those reminded me of my favourite old mushroom grips from way back, turns out you can still get them !
mushroom.jpg

I'm ambivalent about the Commencal grips that came on my meta power, I may try those sensus lights

inwoods

Jul 31, 2018
Poulton-Le-Fylde.
Those reminded me of my favourite old mushroom grips from way back, turns out you can still get them !
View attachment 19853

I'm ambivalent about the Commencal grips that came on my meta power, I may try those sensus lights
Just looking at that pic brings memories back of bleeding thumb 'knuckles' (is it a knuckle ?), that would never heal over the summer holidays from all the riding, awesome days.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Just looking at that pic brings memories back of bleeding thumb 'knuckles' (is it a knuckle ?), that would never heal over the summer holidays from all the riding, awesome days.

Lol omg, that does bring back memories

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
yeAH.... erm...
They're absolutely nothing like those horrible old skool BMX Mushroom grips. I HATED them BITD and still do.
Sensus ribs are so thin short and soft they feel like velvet.
They're the only grips I'd consider running as they're so good gloveless. Even in wet or hand sweatingly warm conditions.

Sensus disisdaboss is an even better grip but they're too wide to run with my Eeb because of the controller switch.
If you never ride in the wet the Lite's are also available in non lock on in the "Swayze" guise

the only downside to Sensus grips is that they wear pretty quickly. (But you can spin/flip) them to increase their lifespan

As well as being massively bad ass himself Cam Zink knows how to design a bad ass grip

Lukelw

Jul 12, 2019
Buckinghamshire
image.jpg

£12 from eBay super light weight and amazing grip haven’t slipped once

As for grips
image.jpg

Dmr death grips (thick) really changes the bike over the stock grips I was squeezing the bar to right on rough descents and getting really bad soreness after riding. Fitted these and it’s gone

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles