Auckland, New Zealand
giant00001.jpg

NicoMTB

May 8, 2022
France Grenoble area

Rockingsilver

Feb 22, 2020
ILUKA, NSW, Australia
nice find with the rack. how does it behave on real rooty rocky rough trails can you still ride fast or do you need to slow down
It handles great! I haven’t tried it on real single track as our tracks are all closed to save them from damage.
I ride kilometres on trails that have been stabilised with grapefruit and orange sized gravel (see photo of some small stuff), it shakes the heck out of you but the rack is sound. The fitting to the swing arm never comes undone and is so easy to tension even if it did. I feel super confident in it's ability to handle. Probably only done a couple hundred km's with it but I'd load it up with all confidence. I have the dry bags to suit and have fitted the tent on one side just to check and it was great.
I've bruted my way through fallen trees and foliage as you can do on a Giant E bike lol and still haven't had an issue. Was smashing over drift wood on the beach and as I can't bunny hop for shit it's a good bump, no worries. No sway at speed, I lift the bike using it.

I like it that much we plan on replacing our other bikes system with this and getting handlebar cradles too.

DC6BF323-E74F-43C4-8AD4-B6094E675143.jpeg

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I think that the Topeak looks really versatile. The flat rack over the cradle seems super useful. But I love the simplicity of the Aeroe spider rack
Yeah agreed. The Aeroe is totally built for simplicity and function for bikepacking etc.
The Topeak kinda looks more SUV multifunction.
For hardcore I like the Aeroe, for SUV the Topeak might be preferrable.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles