So.Cal
Taken today in the local hills

PC310016.JPG

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
it's meant to have snowed here all week, any nothing yet :( can't wait to try the bike in the snow
These emtbs are awesome in light snow and frozen dirt. Today was snow-mud with just enough snow to stay somewhat clean.

I really look forward to the days when its cooler than today....just a touch below freezing is nice, like 27 degrees F = perfect on the trails around here.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
30T chainring, 10-45 12 speed SLX cassette, & HG+ Shimano XT chain tryout day.

Worked good.

The OEM KMC chain might actually shift better than the Shimano.
That dont make any sense at all.
It was so muddy though maybe best to hold off judgment.
20210110_130732.jpg

Last edited:

Sawdoc

Sep 25, 2020
Oxford
Have you considered MuckyNutz (made in UK) from Evo Cycles NZ? It's not exactly the same, but similar in shape. I used the "short" option for the rear because I only wanted to protect the linkages and the shock unit from mud, and didn't want a long fender to keep things as discreet as possible. You could possibly use the same short one as well for the front. My fork already came with a factory fender so I didn't need to get one for the front.

Evo Cycles part number (if you're interested) is:
Mucky Nutz Short MugGuard Mudguard
S3-20901-GMNMG0156

View attachment 41413
Thanks for the advise I have sourced the mucky nuts one and fitted and works well
Cheers Tony

Rankbad

Oct 19, 2020
NZ
Hi folks, a bit late to the party with my photo but someone may like my eclectic colour choices and component upgrades.
Firstly I mulletted it. VERY hard to sell off my fox 36s, but after owning for 1yr this bike was asking me to do silly things and attempt gnarlier trails and features. With a limited budget, I wanted the bike to be as aggressive and safe as possible. Nuke Proof 50mm riser bars with AVS knuckle guards. 29" front end from a barely used Trek Slash (air shaft upgraded now), Cane Creek Progressive spring (450>600lb). Does a bloody great job firming up end travel & more like an air shock. Nb: I'm only 72kg ride weight. Sram 220mm rotors. Cushcore to rear tyre & front to follow soon. Love how in shite conditions running low pressures and tyres keep there shape. Have ridden it flat carefully for a k/m, no probs on rims.

Trance e+ SX Pro.jpg

Rankbad

Oct 19, 2020
NZ
Hi folks, a bit late to the party with my photo but someone may like my eclectic colour choices and component upgrades.
Firstly I mulletted it. VERY hard to sell off my fox 36s, but after owning for 1yr this bike was asking me to do silly things and attempt gnarlier trails and features. With a limited budget, I wanted the bike to be as aggressive and safe as possible. Nuke Proof 50mm riser bars with AVS knuckle guards. 29" front end from a barely used Trek Slash (air shaft upgraded now), Cane Creek Progressive spring (450>600lb). Does a bloody great job firming up end travel & more like an air shock. Nb: I'm only 72kg ride weight. Sram 220mm rotors. Cushcore to rear tyre & front to follow soon. Love how in shite conditions running low pressures and tyres keep there shape. Have ridden it flat carefully for a k/m, no probs on rims.

View attachment 49908
Also gone to 160mm Cranks, for better ground clearance

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Uh oh... New bike day!

2021 Giant Stance E 2
Couldn't resist. These are like hen's teeth these days, and this was the last one! Had to pounce on it.
29" wheels are awesome. Rear shock is plush, love it! Air suspension front and rear.

Went for a quick 8K ride and took every bump possible, jumped numerous curbs. This bike is fantastic.
Yes, the components would be considered mid grade, but dayum, it rides very nicely!

Oldrider

Jan 26, 2021
Adelaide
My Giant Trance E3 with my wife's Cube 140. Both are leaning against an Australian native plant called a Yakka which only flowers when burnt. Unfortunately these have flowered, a result of the bushfires last summer. You can see some smaller burnt shrubby type trees directly behind them and if you look closely, the nearly bare hills in the background. These were covered in native forests prior to the fires. This is the location of one of our local mtb parks ,Fox Creek, which we wont be able to use again until there has been significant regrowth. This is to protect the site from erosion and further degradation.
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Struthbooth

Nov 20, 2019
Perth Western Australia
My 2020 Stance E+2

Have personalised the bike and done some upgrades over the time i've owned it. I've enjoyed doing the upgrades and tinkering with the bike during COVID.
Upgrades, Rockshox 35s, CaneCreek DB Rear shock, Hope fortus 35 wheels (29er front mullet), Hope Pro 4 hubs, Schwalbe Hans Dampf Tyres, Speedbox 2 derestricted, 40 tooth chainring, Archer Components wireless shifter, Contact Swtich dropper, Renthal Bars & stem, Nukeproof Horizon Pro Sam Hill Pedals and Ergon EMTB Saddle.
Pretty stoked with it now and rides epic.
Photo Sep 03, 4 08 12 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 13, 11 56 02 AM.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles