Glos/UK
2020 160 SL (625w)
52122568425_1ab184074b_z.jpg

Last edited:

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
2022-07-02%2017.50.09.jpg

Just DIY'd up a little stand for washing the bike and thought it was quite a nice photo

Done loads to it recently, including swapping the seat out after all the "constructive criticism" about the shape of my old one :D
Swapped the bottle holder for a fidlock one after my last cageless one disappeared on a big drop

Biggest and best upgrade I've ever done though (arguably over the tyres) is I grabbed a Fox Factory DPX2 for the rear off a 2020 140 action team. My god what a massive upgrade, so much more plush and the rear end feels glued to the ground now!

I just want to try and find a Factory 36 fork or a Performance Elite or something for the front now as the 34 Rythym is at it's limits on the stuff I do - but then I won't be selling this bike for a long time to come!

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Why do you cover the rotors for washing? Genuine question - should I be doing the same?

I don't cover them for washing, I jetwash the bike with a hydroshot, give it a proper clean, then spray GT85 on the forks, dropper and rear shock to leave a lubricated coating.

However I'm a bit shit and tend to get a bit of overspray on the rotors which then ruins the brakes :ROFLMAO:
The covers were only like a tenner and means I can spray GT85 on the moving stuff without getting the rotors covered in it. I also tend to go over the frame with GT85 when I'm not gonna use the bike for the week as it keeps the moisture out of bearings and stuff

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Why do you cover the rotors for washing? Genuine question - should I be doing the same?
You don't want anything (other than plain water) ever touching your rotors or pads because even the slightest chemical or oil can permanently contaminate the pads rendering your brakes pretty much useless until you replace the rotors and pads.

Stu

Jul 27, 2022
Uk
Hi,
just curious as the colours seem not to be 2022?

Which model is this and what pedals are these? 🤔
Hi

it’s the 2020 model but with some Chinese pedals. Actually not too bad but not a patch on shimano saints that’s I’m used too.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I must admit I don't look at it very much, so maybe it will end up in a box too :)

Is your new bike still delivered with different matte/shiny brake levers like mine ?

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
I must admit I don't look at it very much, so maybe it will end up in a box too :)

Is your new bike still delivered with different matte/shiny brake levers like mine ?
Yeah, matte/shiny Shimano's

Looks like the ride will be tomorrow :cry:.

Tonight, i will post up my 2020 Cube 160 for sale

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Have been slowly upgrading my 2022 140SL.

She now has Fox Factory Forks! shock and Dropper, along with shorter Cranks, XT Drivetrain and Ice Tech Rotors. She rides like a Magic Carpet and - I do believe - looks lovely!

View attachment 102533
Did upgrading end up being cheaper than just buying the action team with those parts already on it?

Clean

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2022
West Yorkshire
Did upgrading end up being cheaper than just buying the action team with those parts already on it?
No! 🤣

To be honest, I’m not sure. I don’t like the colour of the AT, so would never have bought one. They were also like rocking horse shit when I bought this. I have enjoyed the process of sourcing the parts and slowly transforming her. I also love that she is one of a kind, and the cost has never really been a consideration.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles