Leisure Lakes DEMO Weekend Cannock Chase on the 23rd & 24th March

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I Highly recommended this for anyone wanting to try a few ebikes out. It cost £20 for a day, with that you can try as many of the bikes there as you want.

FULL EVENT DETAILS AND BOOKING

some of the ebikes there are:

Specialized
Specialized Turbo Levo Comp Carbon 29er S / M / L / XL
Specialized Women’s Turbo Levo Comp 29er (ladies) S / M L
Specialized Turbo Kenevo Expert S / M / L / XL

Cannondale
Cannondale Moterra Neo 2 M / L

Focus
Focus Sam2 6.8 M / L
Focus Jam2 6.9 M / L / XL
Focus Jam2 9.6 Plus M / L
Focus Jam2 9.6 29er M / L / XL

Cube
Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 SL 500 27.5 16” / 18” / 20” / 22”
Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 500 Action Team16” / 18” / 20” / 22”

Trek
Trek Powerfly LT 9 Plus 15” / 17” / 18” / 19” / 21”

Orange
Orange Alpine 6 E

Merida
Merida E-One Twenty 900e M / L
Merida E-One Sixty 900e M / L

Haibike
TBC

Pivot
TBC

Orbea
TBC

There will be more than just bikes there
  • OVER 250 MOUNTAIN BIKES FROM THE TOP BRANDS
  • TEST BIKES BACK-TO-BACK
  • UNLIMITED RIDES
  • FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS
  • FIVE TEN SHOES DEMO TRUCK
  • BURGTEC DEMO
  • SEALSKINZ DEMO
  • MUC-OFF DEMONSTRATION STATION
  • EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT VOUCHERS FOR EVERYONE THAT ATTENDS
  • EXCLUSIVE DEALS ON THE WEEKEND
  • PRIZES UP FOR GRABS
  • AND MUCH MORE!
So If anybody comes, drop in at the Burgtec stand and say Hi. I will be there all weekend.
We are also lending out demo sets of pedals so if anyone wants to try a set this is your chance.

hiro

Jan 7, 2019
South Yorkshire
I so wish I'd been aware of these sort of trial days before I bought mine. I'm not unhappy with it but the chance to try so many different bikes back-to-back while the memory of the previous one is still fresh would have probably persuaded me to spend a bit more knowing I'd got exactly the right bike for me.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Thanks for that , Kangr. just got a ticket for Sunday. Anyone been before and know how it works? Do you queue to get a particular bike, or get a time slot? do you get to ride a proper trail? how long do you get on each bike?

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I'ts first come first served on a bike but each loop of the demo loop takes around 20-30 mins. At this event there is quite often more than one of each bike. Take Specialized for example they had a massive marque with what must of been around 50 bikes.

The day runs as follows.
you arrive and go and sign on at the sign on stand. you will be then issued with something like a wrist strap and a couple of passcards.
you then go to the brand of choosing and wait in line for the bike you want to try.
then you get to ride the demo loop at your own pace. Now this can get a bit busy on the sunday morning as the loop is part of the official way marked trails at cannock chase.
after your loop you take the bike back to the stand you had it from.
then off to the next stand and rinse and repeat until done.

The demo loop is the last few sections of Follow The Dog at Cannock Chase. From Tackaroo, which is the event village down the hill to Birches Valley. then back up a assortment of fireroad and singletrack. there is usually a diversion on the way back up for ebikes so that they can experience a steeper climb.

The event village is quite big, one of the larger ones i feel, maybe not quite as large as the ard rock enduro but not far off.

there are usually stands like fox suspension and sram there that will fix your normal bike and help with suspension issues.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I don't know if it will be there but it has been stated somewhere (either Raliegh or Haibike) that the new Haibike Flyon will be doing demos before its launch.

This could be one of the reasons that the Haibike section says TBC. its either that or they don't know what bikes they have for there fleet this year..... Hmmm isn't most of this years Haibkes supposed to be the new Flyons..... interesting.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I will be going on both days again. 5th year in a row. I love! This event. It's like Christmas for me. A portion of your ticket money goes to charity too.

This event last year made me realise I need an ebike. It may cost you more than the £20 ticket price, you've been warned

Lochlomonddr

Dec 12, 2018
Scotland
I wish I had known about these type of days last year, although I had alrady missed the dates by the time i was looking.
Although it would be 600+ mile round trip. Would have saved a lot of hassle. On a side note, i have just bought a set of burtec bars - josh bryceland ones to fit to my kenevo, tomorrow is my first proper outing on it.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Is camping an option over the weekend?
There is a camp site nearby, I'm not sure it's open at this time of year. There's some cheap lodges etc in town that are though. And some watering holes and gabillions of food places.

If anyone wants any local advice on staying or playing nearby just shout.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Don't forget this is just a few weeks away now. So anyone wanting to demo a ebike this is one of the best opportunities to try a few different models out.

Adam

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, UK
Does anyone have any spare tickets they're looking to sell? Looking for 2 for the Sunday for me and my uncle to go testing and making some ebike buying decisions.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Don't forget this is just a few weeks away now. So anyone wanting to demo a ebike this is one of the best opportunities to try a few different models out.
Can't believe you have access to all those beautiful and amazing burgtec pedals but decided to steal my spesh free ones with built in reflectors

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles