Latest firmware version / top speed?

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Does anyone know what the latest motor and battery firmware versions are?
I bought the bike and use it in Canada, which should mean top motor speed is 20mph/31kph, correct? My SW Turbo Levo seems to top out at ~26kph.

Thanks

Levorunner

Jun 16, 2018
Canada
Does anyone know what the latest motor and battery firmware versions are?
I bought the bike and use it in Canada, which should mean top motor speed is 20mph/31kph, correct? My SW Turbo Levo seems to top out at ~26kph.

Thanks
Latest battery software is 4.23.1 & motor software is 5.0.4. Mine was the same way. 26-28kph. Get blevo and your problems are solved! ???
P.S. I'm also in Canada

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Latest battery software is 4.23.1 & motor software is 5.0.4. Mine was the same way. 26-28kph. Get blevo and your problems are solved! ???
P.S. I'm also in Canada

Thanks! Why, because blevo makes it easy to adjust wheel circumference and therefore top speed?

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Thanks! Can’t wait to experiment tomorrow.
BTW, I’m not worried about warranty at all, here’s why: the speed limit is imposed by local policies, not by hardware limitations. In many markets, such as in the UAE, there is no eBike speed limit.
And I’m sure Specialized does not know if you have modified the top speed, nor do they care.

Last edited:

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Bummers, latest Mission Control update installed and TopSpeed now again limited down to about 15 mph in USA. Can somebody give me a link to the forum post on the name of the app that changes the wheel circumference on iOS iPhones to raise the speed limit? Thanks, Jeff.

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
@JeffMcD why don’t you use Blevo? I just tried it... AWESOME!!! Can easily exceed 40 km/hr/25mph. It’s a totally different ride. I bought the Levo because I wanted to be able to duck out for a 1-2 hour break from work and zip to my local trail. Having a proper top end makes it possible. And it’s SO much fun on flat roads now.

Levorunner

Jun 16, 2018
Canada
@JeffMcD why don’t you use Blevo? I just tried it... AWESOME!!! Can easily exceed 40 km/hr/25mph. It’s a totally different ride. I bought the Levo because I wanted to be able to duck out for a 1-2 hour break from work and zip to my local trail. Having a proper top end makes it possible. And it’s SO much fun on flat roads now.

Congrats! Pretty hard to get the shit eating grin off your face isn't it! ???

Levorunner

Jun 16, 2018
Canada
Oh ya! It’s incredible! Makes the bike a ton of fun on flat paved roads too. You can rip up the trails and then fly home. Totally recommended and awesome.
Yep, I mostly use my Levo for riding around the city trails for some exercise. Its Awesome to be able to ride 40+ kph in the bike lane!

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Yep, I mostly use my Levo for riding around the city trails for some exercise. Its Awesome to be able to ride 40+ kph in the bike lane!

Yep, but I have to push really hard to hit 40 or more. Highest gear, I’ve got to exceed 95 rpm cadence. The Levo doesn’t exceed 40kph easily, even in Turbo with the speed limit set to 48. Is yours different?

Levorunner

Jun 16, 2018
Canada
Ah, just saw this.
With a 36t chainring, Petaling as fast as I can on a flat surface,with speed limiter set to 75, I can get to about the 48kph range. Any down hill decline and I can get 50+. I also have my air pressure in my tires at max pressure (30psi).

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Isn't that only for android? I don't have android. Otherwise I would spring for it.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
P.S. I'm also in Canada

They shipped early 18 bikes with European limit then had update available. Make sure your wheel size is correct. Mine was the same

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
I have a Turbo, running Blevo on it.. I can get 55kph downhill, my short little legs can peddle upto around 38kph before I tire out. I heard the new Mission Control update limits the speed again, so go Blevo!

Same here. I don’t use Mission Control.
BTW, when your battery is charged, what does Blevo show? Mine shows 80% full, which I think is normal. The batt only charges to 80% in order to extend its life.

Draco

Jul 31, 2018
Vancouver BC
Same here. I don’t use Mission Control.
BTW, when your battery is charged, what does Blevo show? Mine shows 80% full, which I think is normal. The batt only charges to 80% in order to extend its life.

Mine shows 99% when full. I ride 20k to work on Eco, and Blevo shows 90%, so its seems to be accurate.

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Hmm, odd... all 10 LEDs are illuminated on the bike's indicator, but Blevo shows 80% charge. I have also read that these types of cells are usually only charged to 80%. Tesla does that, for example, and I understand they are the same cells. Could we be using different firmware?

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
I just checked mine and it shows 100% now. Could be some kind of cell balancing that is happening right after you disconnect the charger? Perhaps this is why Specialized says to wait 8 hours after charging, before using the battery.

Draco

Jul 31, 2018
Vancouver BC
I just checked mine and it shows 100% now. Could be some kind of cell balancing that is happening right after you disconnect the charger? Perhaps this is why Specialized says to wait 8 hours after charging, before using the battery.

I am not sure, I just unplug the thing and take off, I don't give a second thought to the battery routine. That seems silly to unplug and wait for best performance, is that what they say to do? Guess I should read the owners manual one day :)

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
I am not sure, I just unplug the thing and take off, I don't give a second thought to the battery routine. That seems silly to unplug and wait for best performance, is that what they say to do? Guess I should read the owners manual one day :)
They do say to wait 8 hours. When I checked the battery level right after disconnecting the charger, it showed 80% in Blevo and it was down 1 bar in the Garmin. 2 days later without any use or further charging, it shows 100% :)
All LEDs on the bike were lit right after charging.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles