Lapierre Overvolt Power Issues

Gregd

Nov 15, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Got a strange fault with my Lapierre Overvolt AM827i it won’t power up with the power button but If I remove the cover over the Shimano steps e8000 where the battery connector is then I unplug the battery connector to the motor and then press the power button it starts flashing blue then while that’s happening I then plug back in the power lead onto the motor it boots into life! The bike works as it should but if I then turn it off again with the power button I can’t switch it back on again without going through the above procedure again . Has anyone come across this before any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks Greg

steve Tamworth

Nov 22, 2020
Tamworth
Got a strange fault with my Lapierre Overvolt AM827i it won’t power up with the power button but If I remove the cover over the Shimano steps e8000 where the battery connector is then I unplug the battery connector to the motor and then press the power button it starts flashing blue then while that’s happening I then plug back in the power lead onto the motor it boots into life! The bike works as it should but if I then turn it off again with the power button I can’t switch it back on again without going through the above procedure again . Has anyone come across this before any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks Greg

Greg

I have the same 827i MTB, with only 900 miles on it, mine also had many warning codes (E&W), getting more and more and then finally stopped W013, the local MTB shop checked everything, updated motor software, checked sensors etc. with the outcome that it was a power connection. I took the bike home, removed the lapierre plastic damage prevention motor cover to take a look at the battery connector, removed everything I could (leaving the motor inplace) with the Snake battery removed pressed with a pencil the rubber (springy) lower battery connector upwards, away from the motor, replaced the battery, pressed the rubber mount agan to ensure the electric connector /magnet was 100% connected to the battery and pushed all the wire back into the space between the motor and battery connector, replaced the cover and now all works normally. Also the larger connector in the base for the power cables - easily came apart, so look out for that connector.

Simple fix,

I had a start button that would never switch off, and a system that would not switch on. now all is 100% NORMAL. so my thoughts are that some of the connections, made and failed contact and vibration in the battery during riding and the rubber mounting connector failed to spring into place.

your problem sounds very similar to mine, but a different set of connections making contact.

Steve

Jmc123

Nov 4, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
If your keen on bike maintenance I'd recommend removing the shimano system from the bike. Clean and check all connections and reinstall it all.
I had a similar issue on a mondraker and it was a dodgy push button but in the process of working out what the issue was I found a couple of dodgy electrical connections.

steve Tamworth

Nov 22, 2020
Tamworth
If your keen on bike maintenance I'd recommend removing the shimano system from the bike. Clean and check all connections and reinstall it all.
I had a similar issue on a mondraker and it was a dodgy push button but in the process of working out what the issue was I found a couple of dodgy electrical connections.

Is it hard to fully remove the E8000 motor? , as I did consider this, the only reason I looked at the power failure, as it is a further 9 days before my local MTB shop could service my bike, I will still let them take a look.

Thanks

Steve

Jmc123

Nov 4, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
Is it hard to fully remove the E8000 motor? , as I did consider this, the only reason I looked at the power failure, as it is a further 9 days before my local MTB shop could service my bike, I will still let them take a look.

Thanks

Steve

There are 6 torx 40 bolts holding the motor to the frame, there are then 3 electrical cables connected to it. 1 power cable which is a lift and twist to remove it, the other 2 are shimano push fit connections. It's worth having a look as you might find a simple fix or you will find out what the problem is which will help the shop fix it quicker. My bike has an internal battery and the 3 bolts that hold the connector to the battery were sitting on top of the motor when I removed it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles