lapierre overvolt ami627 charging problems

RRebikes

Jan 4, 2019
Norway
Hi budd
You say you sold/sell these bikes???
IV had my 927 back with the same problem AGAIN but lappiere say they don't know of the problem even tho there are a few on here.... Just wondering if you have got hold of them stating the issues if the ones you have sold so they are aware it's not only me ???
Thanks
Gareth

I have reported the problems to the official distributor of Lapierre here I Norway, but have not received any feedback yet

Feb 14, 2019
Tillicoultry
more of a question of not getting 100% battery in the first place??? (NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE) ... 11% down before you even
Gareth, Out of interest what range does the indicator display when the battery is fully charged and you have not turned the pedals, mine states eco=59, trail=44 and boost=22, but when i run the bike for about a mile in any mode the range drops significantly. Just trying to work out if the bikes starting range is much lower than everyone elses that state they dont get any issues. Cheers Murray

Feb 14, 2019
Tillicoultry
I have by passed the shop where i bought the bike, they were awful, and went straight to Raleigh UK as they are the official LP dealer in the UK. Bike goes back again on Friday for another inspection.

gfunkmc

Jan 9, 2019
wales
Gareth, Out of interest what range does the indicator display when the battery is fully charged and you have not turned the pedals, mine states eco=59, trail=44 and boost=22, but when i run the bike for about a mile in any mode the range drops significantly. Just trying to work out if the bikes starting range is much lower than everyone elses that state they dont get any issues. Cheers Murray

Hi Budd...
It's saying
59miles when charged out of the bike
50miles when charged in bike (and left on charge over 24hrs)

Feb 14, 2019
Tillicoultry
Folks,

Update on the charging issues - before i proceed I shoudl also state that the bike snapped in half below the seatpost. as a direct result i requested a brand new bike from raleigh/LP, there were no quibbles from there side and because of all the hassle over the past months they upgraded the bike from a 727i to the 927i FOC. Excellent custmer service.
Anyhow I have had the bike for over 2 weeks now and continue to do the same loop as before - 6.5 miles with 950 ft of accent - time onthe bike aroudn about 55 minutes. Great news is that I can do 4 loops of the circuit on one charge of the battery giving a total distance of 26 miles (40km) with 3800 ft of accent - all modes were used on the bike..... profiel for one circuit is below.
1556548375978.png

Things to note from the old bike/battery/motor combination.
  • Firstly when the motor is turned off on the new bike you CAN still cycle it with relative ease, on the old bike when you turned the motor off it was like cycling through treacle and near on impossible.
  • Secondly when you go beyond the 15mph restriction on the new bike you can still accelerate and get a good speed up, with the old bike when you hit the 15mph restriction it was as if the brakes had been put on and it was very difficult to accelerate.
I have spoken with Raleigh and they did say that Lapierre did flash some different programming software that was for use with the snake batteries.

All in all the situation is resolved and I am now a happy ebiker... :)

cheers

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Wow nice, glad to hear the problem was resolved! That is good range now :)

From your description of the different bikes/motors it really sounds like there was some problem in the motor of the old bike. Like it was adding tons of resistance, which even when powered the battery was getting used up fast to work against it. It must feel so much nicer now it is fixed. Would be impossible to realise it was unusual though unless you had experience with other bikes/motors without the problem. So it's something for new owners to look out for with the Shimano motor in case they also experience something similar!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles