Lapierre Overvolt 627i

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
C4D01A3F-335A-499A-AD5B-CB8C60E1F582.jpeg

Just got this two days ago. Two rides in and it feels super plush. Had a 2016 Levo but due to range anxiety, tried carrying a Levo battery but they are very long. And then not liking the new 2019 Levo went for this Lapierre. Has a more manageable snake battery so got a spare battery with the deal. I wasn’t sure if I woul like the Shimano Steps but it’s very similar to the Brose just less configurable.
Hoping someone can advise the best way ride the Shimano, as in, is it better with a high cadence like the Levo?

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Yep a higher cadence is supposed to work better for the motor and battery - I try and stay in the 80-100 range.

And love the snake battery :) My only tip is to keep the keyhole and/or key lubed - otherwise I was finding it becomes quite sticky and hard to unlock.

ChrisJTX

Sep 28, 2018
Houston, TX
View attachment 5529
Just got this two days ago. Two rides in and it feels super plush. Had a 2016 Levo but due to range anxiety, tried carrying a Levo battery but they are very long. And then not liking the new 2019 Levo went for this Lapierre. Has a more manageable snake battery so got a spare battery with the deal. I wasn’t sure if I woul like the Shimano Steps but it’s very similar to the Brose just less configurable.
Hoping someone can advise the best way ride the Shimano, as in, is it better with a high cadence like the Levo?
Very nice bike. What brand and type are those mud guards?

gfunkmc

Jan 9, 2019
wales
hi guys..
need some help from fellow overvolt owners
I have had a ami627 for over 6 months and have had charging issues from day one..
when I leave the carger on for a length of time say 24hrs the light is green so should be fully charged.. I disconnect the charger and re connect it and takes around an hour to go green again (full charge)??????
this does not happen when battery is out of bike.. I can leave it for longer than 24hrs and when disconect and reconnected it goes green in under 10mins....
if the battery is in the bike and I catch it going green or within an hr of it going green disconnect and reconnect its about 10mins .. but if I leave connected it seams to drain????
anyone else noticed anything similar???

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles