Lapierre EZesty

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 07.44.40.jpg

Closer look vid now out for Patreon supporters.

Looks like a very interesting bike, 18KG, Fazua motor, top spec components, £6699.

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
Is this still a demo or already a production version? On the homepage there are two models (AM ltd. and AM 9.0) but no specs available...

mymodel6

Oct 2, 2018
Hertfordshire
You’ll see it on YouTube next week then ?

Fine, but it's exactly what puts me off.

You'd be 100% more likely to get me to contribute financially to this website if the Patreon exclusivity element was not there.
I find it difficult to even find the right words to express just how bad it looks, but i will say this;
the exclusivity element is not why people donate to you, and if it is, they truly suck in so many ways that i won't even begin to list that many negative personality attributes.

I'd contribute out of appreciation for your efforts, which is all it should be, content good, donate, simple. But for exclusive content, never. Are people who contribute to this site with help, advice and general chit-chat (what this site is for), less deserving of the latest content than someone who contributes nothing, but lines your pocket?

Really bad look, but that's just my opinion...

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Yeah, give Martin a call. He’ll be getting them in as soon as they are available.

The delivery date is not January as per the video :(
According to their website and Fred who I just talked to at e-bike.co.uk if you order today it is an April delivery date. Not sure if any orders before today are coming in January....

This is a real shame, and does nothing for there sales pitch as they dangled the carrot in July and showed off a complete built up bike, released specifications and loads of photos told you January which I was prepared to wait for but now it has suddenly slipped to April so this is now a NO go for me and a LOST sale for them :rolleyes:

IMG_0289.jpg

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Apparently Fazua had to make a relatively late call to increase their motor capacity by 10x (yes, really!) in order to meet demand. That is a huge undertaking; I do wonder whether some of these new Fazua powered machines are going to be in extremely short supply in 2019, or perhaps even not make it at all. Certainly there are loads of e road bikes using the system too and it looks like they are going to be big sellers next year. The fact they are not approved in the US yet should mean they have a better chance of meeting EU demand though.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

You'd be 100% more likely to get me to contribute financially to this website if the Patreon exclusivity element was not there.
I find it difficult to even find the right words to express just how bad it looks, but i will say this;
the exclusivity element is not why people donate to you, and if it is, they truly suck in so many ways that i won't even begin to list that many negative personality attributes.

I'd contribute out of appreciation for your efforts, which is all it should be, content good, donate, simple. But for exclusive content, never. Are people who contribute to this site with help, advice and general chit-chat (what this site is for), less deserving of the latest content than someone who contributes nothing, but lines your pocket?

Well, without Patreons financial support, that video would not have happened. I drove 200 miles that day and spent another half a day editing it. So yes, a small 'give back' is to give those that helped fund the video it early access to watch it. I think that is fair.

It's not about who is more or less deserving, in my opinion. It's about delivering what I promised, which is a small amount of perks back to those who are financially helping me produce this content.

Thanks for your feedback though. Sorry it's annoyed you so much :)

r23ves

Oct 11, 2018
Yorkshire
The Fazua Motor doesn't really seem all that lightweight compared to other drive systems:

1.31 kg (Gearbox) + 1.92 kg (Drivepack) - 3.23kg
Shimano E8000 - 2.88 kg
Shimano E5000 - 2.50 kg
Bafang M800 - 2.30kg
Brose S Mag - 2.90kg

I guess most of the weight saving comes from halving battery capacity?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
The Fazua Motor doesn't really seem all that lightweight compared to other drive systems:

1.31 kg (Gearbox) + 1.92 kg (Drivepack) - 3.23kg
Shimano E8000 - 2.88 kg
Shimano E5000 - 2.50 kg
Bafang M800 - 2.30kg
Brose S Mag - 2.90kg

I guess most of the weight saving comes from halving battery capacity?
Thats including the battery through. Others have the battery on top.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales

You are correct, we all have our own opinions and are free to express ourselves.
‘My’ opinion is, If you don’t like how this site is run you can always go and find another one ?

mymodel6

Oct 2, 2018
Hertfordshire
Well, without Patreons financial support, that video would not have happened. I drove 200 miles that day and spent another half a day editing it. So yes, a small 'give back' is to give those that helped fund the video it early access to watch it. I think that is fair.

It's not about who is more or less deserving, in my opinion. It's about delivering what I promised, which is a small amount of perks back to those who are financially helping me produce this content.

Thanks for your feedback though. Sorry it's annoyed you so much :)

That's not the point though, you'd have had the funds, people surely did not contribute purely on the promise of exclusive content, at least i'd really hope not. Do you get what i'm saying?

P.s. Im not annoyed :)

mymodel6

Oct 2, 2018
Hertfordshire
You are correct, we all have our own opinions and are free to express ourselves.
‘My’ opinion is, If you don’t like how this site is run you can always go and find another one ?

That though is annoying, what a shit comment, i guess yours is one of the elitist prick attitudes i hoped didn't actually exist on here, and i guess i'll be 'punished' for insulting a Patreon.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
That though is annoying, what a shit comment, i guess yours is one of the elitist prick attitudes i hoped didn't actually exist on here, and i guess i'll be 'punished' for insulting a Patreon.
Well, like you, I was just expressing my opinion.
Obviously, you do not not like my opinion.
However, I am free to say what I like, just as you are.
I am far from elitist my friend, you dont even know me but you are happy to name call and just presume you do know me.
May be you should go elsewhere to vent your anger but again, that is just my opinion.

mymodel6

Oct 2, 2018
Hertfordshire
Well, like you, I was just expressing my opinion.
Obviously, you do not not like my opinion.
However, I am free to say what I like, just as you are.
I am far from elitist my friend, you dont even know me but you are happy to name call and just presume you do know me.
May be you should go elsewhere to vent your anger but again, that is just my opinion.

Zzzzz

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
The delivery date is not January as per the video :(
According to their website and Fred who I just talked to at e-bike.co.uk if you order today it is an April delivery date. Not sure if any orders before today are coming in January....

This is a real shame, and does nothing for there sales pitch as they dangled the carrot in July and showed off a complete built up bike, released specifications and loads of photos told you January which I was prepared to wait for but now it has suddenly slipped to April so this is now a NO go for me and a LOST sale for them :rolleyes:

View attachment 6211
Have asked the brand manager for an update on these dates.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
That's not the point though, you'd have had the funds, people surely did not contribute purely on the promise of exclusive content, at least i'd really hope not. Do you get what i'm saying?

P.s. Im not annoyed :)

I just hate the fact that Patreon get a wedge of the donations.

Rob should just get his donations via PayPal and put stuff in the VIP section of the forum.

Merch is bit different, so I just buy merch to support him second, and to get decent merch first. :p

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet

Dude. Exclusive content and priveleges is basically how the Patreon model for youtubers works. it is what it is, Don't have a go at Rob (or his Patreon supporters)

Your issue is with Patreon, Youtube and society in general so pick up your toys and take your stamping feet elsewhere.
I'd contribute out of appreciation for your efforts, which is all it should be, content good, donate, simple. But for exclusive content, never.
If this were true you'd already be a patreon. I can't think of one other bike forum owner who puts in more effort than Rob
Are people who contribute to this site with help, advice and general chit-chat (what this site is for), less deserving of the latest content than someone who contributes nothing, but lines your pocket?

Your contributions really aren't as wonderful as you think they are. I've enjoyed playing with you but other than enjoying a little banter with you don't see any of the outstanding contributions to Ebikery you seem to think you've made here.

mymodel6

Oct 2, 2018
Hertfordshire
Dude. Exclusive content and priveleges is basically how the Patreon model for youtubers works. it is what it is, Don't have a go at Rob (or his Patreon supporters)

Your issue is with Patreon, Youtube and society in general so pick up your toys and take your stamping feet elsewhere.

If this were true you'd already be a patreon. I can't think of one other bike forum owner who puts in more effort than Rob
Your contributions really aren't as wonderful as you think they are. I've enjoyed playing with you but other than enjoying a little banter with you don't see any of the outstanding contributions to Ebikery you seem to think you've made here.

Dude, fuck right off and don't assume to know what i would or wouldn't do.

My issue is not with Patreon, it's with the implementation of the provision of exclusive content for those who donate, i made that quite clear, as i did my ONE AND ONLY REASON FOR NOT BECOMING A PATREON, because of the exclusive content bullshit.

Just because it's a 'model' used elsewhere, doesn't mean it has to be used here or anywhere else, my suggestion was that the content itself was enough to make people want to donate, therefore providing Rob with the funds he needs to continue doing what he's doing which i highly fucking rate! Massive fuck you for plucking the suggestion that i don't appreciate that out of thin fucking air.

I NEVER suggested my contributions were any more useful or worthwhile than anybody elses or deserving of any preferential treatment, though in many cases the former is abundantly fucking true, but fine, i'll take my sorry arse elsewhere you total fucktard.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Dude, fuck right off and don't assume to know what i would or wouldn't do.

My issue is not with Patreon, it's with the implementation of the provision of exclusive content for those who donate, i made that quite clear, as i did my ONE AND ONLY REASON FOR NOT BECOMING A PATREON, because of the exclusive content bullshit.

Just because it's a 'model' used elsewhere, doesn't mean it has to be used here or anywhere else, my suggestion was that the content itself was enough to make people want to donate, therefore providing Rob with the funds he needs to continue doing what he's doing which i highly fucking rate! Massive fuck you for plucking the suggestion that i don't appreciate that out of thin fucking air.

I NEVER suggested my contributions were any more useful or worthwhile than anybody elses or deserving of any preferential treatment, though in many cases the former is abundantly fucking true, but fine, i'll take my sorry arse elsewhere you total fucktard.
The only contributions you have made so far on this forum are negative ones. This forum is actually pretty much one big happy family, with members perfectly capable of having squabbles and taking the piss out of each other, but no one actively abusing other members, or launching into those asking for help, or taking the piss out of pictures of members bikes, which is essentially all you have contributed to date.

Everyone is welcome here, but don't come in through the door and start pissing on the doormat.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles