KS E30i problem....

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Bought a jam2 a few months ago and have never quite been able to get the seatpost right, it is not travelling up and down and not locking in position. Tried adjusting the cable length etc... Anyone else had any problems with theirs?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I've not had any problems with mine, but I had one on the bike I test rode in Nov'18. The saddle wouldn't move. I took it back to the stand (it was a test day) and the guy removed the remote from the bar, letting it hang loose and then pulled the whole dropper clean out of the frame. The previous rider to me must have been a lot taller and he had pulled the dropper body a lot higher up than I wanted it. When I pushed the body down into the frame, the outer cable kinked badly enough to jam the inner cable. He straightened out the cable and then pulled on the remote as he pushed the dropper back into the frame, keeping the cable taut as he did so. Everything was clamped back up and away I went! No further problems for me.

I caught a look at the cable and it looked a bit chewed up, so it must have happened several times. I suspect that because the guy had no hesitation and just went straight to the fix without any delay to think about it. Not an unexpected problem for a demo bike with a wide range of riders using it.

It's worth a try! :unsure:

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
Mine was prone to “Sinking“ whilst riding, until i realised that there was an adjuster external to the lever .
once i tightened it up a bit i had no more trouble.

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
Its worth checking the cable has no kinks and runs free. Remove motor cover on underside of the motor . Any doubts disconnect at seat post and lubricate then check.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
I've not had any problems with mine, but I had one on the bike I test rode in Nov'18. The saddle wouldn't move. I took it back to the stand (it was a test day) and the guy removed the remote from the bar, letting it hang loose and then pulled the whole dropper clean out of the frame. The previous rider to me must have been a lot taller and he had pulled the dropper body a lot higher up than I wanted it. When I pushed the body down into the frame, the outer cable kinked badly enough to jam the inner cable. He straightened out the cable and then pulled on the remote as he pushed the dropper back into the frame, keeping the cable taut as he did so. Everything was clamped back up and away I went! No further problems for me.

I caught a look at the cable and it looked a bit chewed up, so it must have happened several times. I suspect that because the guy had no hesitation and just went straight to the fix without any delay to think about it. Not an unexpected problem for a demo bike with a wide range of riders using it.

It's worth a try! :unsure:
Sorted now, this pretty much describes exactly what was up, I’d taken it out to attach the boys tag along and when I put it back in must have kinked the cable housing..... Basically when putting the seatpost back in make sure you pull the cable at the top of the down tube!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles