Kona remote 160 or Trek rail 7.0

Alexnavyblue

Oct 25, 2020
Falkirk
Guys/Girls,

I f anyone can give there opinion on these 2 bikes I'd be grateful. Obviously 2 massive differences are Trek runs 29" with a bosch 625 battery. Kona runs on 27.5" with smaller shimano e7000 504 battery. Possible silly question but does mean that you can expect around 25% more miles on a battery?
From what I can read Konas are bombproof although dated. Trek are more forward thinking although more susceptible to issues.

Many thanks in advance.
Alex

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Are you sure its an e7000 motor on the Kona? The ads I've looked at it's an e8000.
Note: But that was earlier this morning. I just looked again now and the ones with an e7000 are coming up. Weird. :unsure:

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
l've got the 2020 Kona Remote 160 with the older E8000 motor, and it's superb.

The battery lasts around 30 miles of fairly intense off road with a lot of climbing (l live next door to the Peak District National Park)

l can get three shorter rides out of a charge, 12-16 miles each
Mix of on/off road.

The 2021 Remote 160 you are looking at will be a great bike as it's going to be better than mine.

Alexnavyblue

Oct 25, 2020
Falkirk
l've got the 2020 Kona Remote 160 with the older E8000 motor, and it's superb.

The battery lasts around 30 miles of fairly intense off road with a lot of climbing (l live next door to the Peak District National Park)

l can get three shorter rides out of a charge, 12-16 miles each
Mix of on/off road.

The 2021 Remote 160 you are looking at will be a great bike as it's going to be better than mine.
Thanks m8. I've decided to go with kona.
I had a shot of one and tbh it was unbelievable. I actually think it's more nimble than my giant hardtail.
Also had a shot of a haibike all mtb 6 but the kona blows it out of the water imo

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
lf it's like my 2020 the rear brake cable rubs the paint off the inside of the swing arm

When you get the bike, unless they've changed the design, put a protective pad or stick on frame protector on the inside of the swing arm where the rear brake cable touches it.

The cable moves with suspension movement, hence the rubbing.

Apart from that l have had no issues with the bike.

Alexnavyblue

Oct 25, 2020
Falkirk
lf it's like my 2020 the rear brake cable rubs the paint off the inside of the swing arm

When you get the bike, unless they've changed the design, put a protective pad or stick on frame protector on the inside of the swing arm where the rear brake cable touches it.

The cable moves with suspension movement, hence the rubbing.

Apart from that l have had no issues with the bike.
Thanks for the tip pal. I will do

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles