Knox armour, any owners?

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
I am looking for a lightweight armoured jacket kinda thing, not too robocop, that I can wear every day, a lot of commuting, but good for some downhill and general biking. I am fairly milquetoast as a biker, but with an armoured jacket, who knows?

I am looking at the action pro mk 2 shirt. Maybe the trews if the jacket seems good.

I hear a lot about knox armour being a cut above, is this just ad fluff?
How about the longevity of the pads? Comfort? Crash test? Zimmer?
Is A enough for emtb? Is it worth getting the AAA honister? (The urbane pro looks a bit not my taste in some photos). I would keep this jacket for quite a while, use every day, so it might be worth the extra bucks.

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
Well, I found an urbane pro 2 in a local shop, in large, only one in stock, which fit me well, so I pulled the trigger. Not cheap, but worth it, I think. Pretty comfy, super well made, and I got a Knox hanger! Heavier than I expected though.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sorry, missed this first time through.

I think the knox armour always looks good on paper, the lifespan is theoretically longer than most of the others. I've never actually tried one. Considered it, but didn't think it fitted my needs. I have a friend with one and he gets on with it really well.

@carlbiker has and rates the urbane pro

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
Thanks, Zim.
I must admit, I am somewhat disapointed that you haven't personally slid down a rock garden in it, for science, but I am happy with it, it really is well constructed, looks real quality, and I could try it on, and touchie feely it up.
Of course, there a no guarantees in a crash, but "motorbike" rating gives me a sense of security. Gonna take it out for a night spin, to see how hot it is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles