KIOX

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I haven't seen it for sale anywhere yet. I'd be worried about how exposed it is over the steerer tube; I trashed an Intuvia control with an OTB, but I suppose that's less of an issue for a roadie... ;)

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I haven't seen it for sale anywhere yet. I'd be worried about how exposed it is over the steerer tube; I trashed an Intuvia control with an OTB, but I suppose that's less of an issue for a roadie... ;)

OTB -OMG did you bang your head at the shame time?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I must admit that I like the look of the Kiox, but why on earth do they put it in such a stupid position. The shimano display position is about a good as it gets.
Somrtimes I think that designers are engineers who are in an office and never been on a bike. How often have we had to flip our bikes to fix a puncture or something, and where will it sit? Right on the display!

ohampel

Jan 4, 2021
israel
my KIOX retrofit is placed on the center. the size of the unit is just perfect. not too big. and even if you turn the bike upside down, the screen is safe. Orbea wild sf

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
My bike since 1 year has the kiox mounted similar to the Shimano screen next to the stem on the handlebars. I will admit I love the kiox. Has all the data you need. Actually more than U need. I must go in and see if I can eliminate some screens I don't use. Anyway the position is good but not ideal. I have had a couple of misshapen where my knee has Bashed against the kiox knocking it out of its holder. Luckily nothing has happened to it and it hasn't gone down a cliff or in a river or something. Maybe not yet ideal.

Last edited:

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
My bike since 1 year has the kiosk mounted similar to the Shimano screen next to the stem on the handlebars. I will admit I love the kiox. Has all the data you need. Actually more than U need. I must go in and see if I can eliminate some screens I don't use. Anyway the position is good but not ideal. I have had a couple of misshapen where my knee has Bashed against the kiox knocking it out of its holder. Luckily nothing has happened to it and it hasn't gone down a cliff or in a river or something. Maybe not yet ideal.

Mount it on the stem. You can get the bracket for not a lot of money.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I just did a quick search and found this one. Bike-Discount.de
Be carefull that it is the microUSB Typ-A. plug. It is rectangular. On that amazon link in the picture is the wrong plug.

Edit: I wrote micro B and it should have been microUSB Typ-A.

Last edited:

Gigha

Sep 30, 2020
East Lothian
The Amazon picture looks correct to me, for a Micro B to Micro C cable.

41NHayQ0hUL._AC_.jpg

Pan

Oct 27, 2020
Qué. Canada
Can smebody tell me where i can find detailled info on the custom power setting. Some feedback of a user that has done this would also be appreciated.

one of the questions i have is in custom settings is can you define your own emtb & emtb lite ?

tks

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
My Kiox is mounted to my stem but it has been knocked off a couple of times, as it should, but once it was difficult to find. There is a method to tether to the stem incase you have an OTB. I use line from used memory sticks and a connector.
2650EC09-BA7C-47FD-89C7-916646165BFB.jpeg
2650EC09-BA7C-47FD-89C7-916646165BFB.jpeg
75203D05-4F03-4252-A219-05B25A67AC9C.jpeg
75203D05-4F03-4252-A219-05B25A67AC9C.jpeg

CA6F6ABC-BEA5-4662-A14F-F1FC2AC53E6F.jpeg

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
My Kiox is mounted to my stem but it has been knocked off a couple of times, as it should, but once it was difficult to find. There is a method to tether to the stem incase you have an OTB. I use line from used memory sticks and a connector. View attachment 50073 View attachment 50073 View attachment 50075 View attachment 50075

View attachment 50074
That is a f..ing awesome idea!!!!
I know I can screw it on, so it can't fly off. But I like the added security of being able to throw the Kiox in my pocket when I stop anywhere as an added security that anyone taking my bike can't turn it on and ride of with it using the bikes power.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
That is a f..ing awesome idea!!!!
I know I can screw it on, so it can't fly off. But I like the added security of being able to throw the Kiox in my pocket when I stop anywhere as an added security that anyone taking my bike can't turn it on and ride of with it using the bikes power.

“Necessity is the Mother of invention “...and after looking for the Kiox after it flew off, I thought …”never again “.
It’s a simple little fix that cost me nothing. You might find a better connector or clip, or better attachment methods, but I never had to drill any holes in the Kiox or the mount. The clip or connector is great. Let’s you take the Kiox completely off.
I thought about mounting the Kiox a bit lower on the bar (knock-block screw) but that moved the screen just out of sight for a quick glance. I like the position on the stem. The colour of the mode tells me quickly and the speed numbers are big enough.
I don’t worry so much about losing the Kiox now and this gives me more time to chase butterflies ?. (Which is probably why I crash so much).

Reading the small numbers on the screen is another problem I’ve had to overcome. I found some small bi-focal sticky things for my riding glasses. I’ll see how these work.

ohampel

Jan 4, 2021
israel
hello all

some time ago one of us raised the issue of too many displays and data.
since i ran into the same problem i wish to share with you all, what i came up with.

i could not find any way to reduce the number of displays, but, i decided to have only one parameter per display.
and they come in the order of relevance [i.e main screen>trip distance>heart rate>trip time... and so on]
this way it is easy to read the data and you don't spend time and attention on understanding the numbers. for me it has also enhanced safety.

hope is will be of help to others

Oran

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
I have set mine up similar.
Screen 1 = Settings (which can't be removed), screen 2 = output/speed display, Screen 3 = range and battery.

I also have a stem mounted Garmin Edge Explore, Screen 1 = Speed, Distance, Elapsed Time, screen 2 = Map (or navigation)

I figure anything else can be analysed after the ride in the comfort of home.

ohampel

Jan 4, 2021
israel
hey all
regarding the option to charge my Samsung cell via the Kiox, i recently purchased a bosch connection cable
yet, when connecting the phone, it does not charge.

another issue, i got a message on my Kiox that it has not been synchronized [or something like that since..
hoe do i fix / sync the Kiox

thanks

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Have you got the Bosch eBike Connect App on your phone? (Do you have a smart phone?)
Make sure you start the app on your phone, and that it is connected to your Kiox. THen turn the Kiox off, and it will synchronize / Upload stats to your phone.

With the charge that sounds strange. It works on my Samsung S10

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles