Kiox Wheel size setting 9.9 owners or retrofitters

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Hi, Just retrofitted Kiox display to my Rail 7 and wanted to know if anyone else has done this, what wheel diameter did they put in the settings? Or anyone with a Rail 9.9 could tell me what the wheel size is on their Kiox .. I have tried a few that are all close to the 29er size and got the GPS mileage and the kiox mileage almost spot on, but still a small discrepancy on the speed. Any advice on the correct size .. My wheels and tyres are just the standard.

Iggy_BBR

Mar 28, 2020
Bronx, NY
Hi, Just retrofitted Kiox display to my Rail 7 and wanted to know if anyone else has done this, what wheel diameter did they put in the settings? Or anyone with a Rail 9.9 could tell me what the wheel size is on their Kiox .. I have tried a few that are all close to the 29er size and got the GPS mileage and the kiox mileage almost spot on, but still a small discrepancy on the speed. Any advice on the correct size .. My wheels and tyres are just the standard.
Mine is set to 90.35", with the original 2.6" tires

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
To get the right setting line a tape measure on the ground. Line up your wheel with the start of the tape with the valve directly at the bottom, push the bike along until the valve is next at the bottom and take the reading from the tape. To be really accurate sit on the bike as you do it so it takes the compression of the tyre into account.

Iggy_BBR

Mar 28, 2020
Bronx, NY
You’re right, but what I find is that Kiox doesn’t go higher than 91.37, when I measure my 29” x 2.6 , it’s about 92.35. Out of curiosity, when I connected my Intuvia, it was the same, so I assume the motor is limited on the total wheel circumference.

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
With my Maxxis Minions I have Kiox wheel size now set to 90.35. This setting works perfect for me for speed and distance when matched to GPS data. This was achieved by having a measured mile stretch of road and small adjustments (many many small adjustments) of the wheel size until exactly 1 mile was reading on the Kiox after riding the measured distance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles