Kiox switching off mid ride

Beamishblue

Sep 20, 2020
Scotland
Has anyone had issues with the Kiox switching off mid ride? On my last two rides on my Rail 9.8, it has happened 3 or 4 times on descents. When I power it on again it switches on like normal. No error codes. It is most frustrating!

Jumbleross

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Has anyone had issues with the Kiox switching off mid ride? On my last two rides on my Rail 9.8, it has happened 3 or 4 times on descents. When I power it on again it switches on like normal. No error codes. It is most frustrating!
Sounds like the battery connector is not mating properly this can be down to the RIB battery being mis aligned or worse that the frame is flexing under certain loads.

Check the gaps around the the top and bottom of the battery are not too big and also gently prise the battery with a plastic tyre lever just to make sure their is no play from the battery in the downtube.

If this all looks OK then it could be that the frame is twisted. I have an XL 9.7 and I weight 16.5 stone and after 1000 miles my frame had to be replaced under warranty after the LBS had to replace all Bosch components to rule out any issue with those. The fault typically happened on fast descents.

tobster

Apr 3, 2020
Oxford
exactly what my powerfly did. Realigned the battery following the link on this site and it has never switched off since.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles