Kiox doesn´t connect with Bosch APP

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I´ve tried to pairing my Kiox with the app ebikeconnect (Huawei phone Mate10 lite) . Loks like the APP identifies the dispositive but it frezes on the connecting msg .
ANy ideas/experiences out there ?

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
How long is taking for finishing the pairing? I´ve waited for several minutes on pairing mode and seams not to finish procedure /synchronise.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I´m disapointed with bosch as it says "Data is automatically synchronised by Bluetooth between Kiox and the eBike Connect app. "
It syncronizes but I´m not geting any data/activity uploaded to the APP.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
What are you trying to sync? Do you have recorded Strava, Trailforks runs or what?

I use my Garmin for that, (IQ apps in the Garmin Edge). Should be about the same though.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Went yesterday to store and they couldn´t also get any synchronisation (no data retrieved to APP ebike Connect). They are going to contact bosch to try to get more info . Disapointed with this suposed feature that doesn´t work.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I paired my iPhone with my Kiox, and it connected in 2 seconds.
Each time I switch the Kiox on, it automatically pairs with my phone instantly... and shows my phone battery level on the screen.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I paired my iPhone with my Kiox, and it connected in 2 seconds.
Each time I switch the Kiox on, it automatically pairs with my phone instantly... and shows my phone battery level on the screen.
What data does it show in the APP? In mine everything in Activities or main screeen remais whit no values.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I found what your problem is / was. My wife had the same problem. It turns out that the delivered firmware version number of the Kiox software was 1.0.0. You need to connect by bluetooth to the Kiox, then the Bosch eBike Connect should ask if you want to upgrade to a newer version. Upgrade it to 2.0.0 or later and then the bosh app will show your ride statistics. There are also other screens on the Kiox like Calories burnt.
Thought I would post this so others with the same problem can find it.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I found what your problem is / was. My wife had the same problem. It turns out that the delivered firmware version number of the Kiox software was 1.0.0. You need to connect by bluetooth to the Kiox, then the Bosch eBike Connect should ask if you want to upgrade to a newer version. Upgrade it to 2.0.0 or later and then the bosh app will show your ride statistics. There are also other screens on the Kiox like Calories burnt.
Thought I would post this so others with the same problem can find it.
I´m going to check it .Tks

Rui Rodrigues

Apr 18, 2020
Luxembourg
Went yesterday to store and they couldn´t also get any synchronisation (no data retrieved to APP ebike Connect). They are going to contact bosch to try to get more info . Disapointed with this suposed feature that doesn´t work.
I‘m having the same issues. Sometimes it synchronizes fine, sometimes it stops synchronizing mid-ride, sometimes it doesn’t start at all. Sometimes the whole ride synchronizes THE NEXT DAY (try figuring that one out!)

When it gets stuck I bring the Kiox home, connect it to the electricity using a micro-USB cable, switch it on (the Kiox pages cycle non-stop), then I launch the E-Bikeconnect app and ‘pull down’ the activities page to force synchronization. Sometimes it works.

I’m not sure yet but there may be a problem with simultaneous Bluetooth devices being connected to Kiox such as the heart rate monitor. Or it may be having other connectivity issues. I’m still testing. I’ll keep posting here.

Reactions: ggx

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I‘m having the same issues. Sometimes it synchronizes fine, sometimes it stops synchronizing mid-ride, sometimes it doesn’t start at all. Sometimes the whole ride synchronizes THE NEXT DAY (try figuring that one out!)

When it gets stuck I bring the Kiox home, connect it to the electricity using a micro-USB cable, switch it on (the Kiox pages cycle non-stop), then I launch the E-Bikeconnect app and ‘pull down’ the activities page to force synchronization. Sometimes it works.

I’m not sure yet but there may be a problem with simultaneous Bluetooth devices being connected to Kiox such as the heart rate monitor. Or it may be having other connectivity issues. I’m still testing. I’ll keep posting here.
I haven't worked itout yet. Yesterday I did a ride. At the end I made sure my phone was connected via bluetooth. Turned off the bike, removed the Kiox, turned the kiox on a couple of timed. My ride was only half synchronized. I then put the bike on charge, with the kiox on, and went upstairs. After a while I got a message to name my activity. I looked in the bosch app, and the correct KM was displayed, but on the map only 1/2.
I'm sure there is some method in the madness there somewhere, but I haven't worked it out yet. It bugs me that it seems so inconsistent and there doesn't seem to be any explination as to how it works. It would be great ig the app had an option "Synchronise now" so you can force pull all the data.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Mine does exactly this , not to fussed about it now, the novelty has worn off a bit checking every ride .
Had mine since Christmas and it was instant in the beginning, I was wondering the more data stored on the porthole may be clogging the system up?

I've never deleted my info because it might be nice one day to have a browse through some of your old adventures .

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Lot's off issue's with this. I'm not happy when you don't receive what you pay for from a company like Bosch isn't it!? :mad:

Rui Rodrigues

Apr 18, 2020
Luxembourg
I haven't worked itout yet. Yesterday I did a ride. At the end I made sure my phone was connected via bluetooth. Turned off the bike, removed the Kiox, turned the kiox on a couple of timed. My ride was only half synchronized. I then put the bike on charge, with the kiox on, and went upstairs. After a while I got a message to name my activity. I looked in the bosch app, and the correct KM was displayed, but on the map only 1/2.
I'm sure there is some method in the madness there somewhere, but I haven't worked it out yet. It bugs me that it seems so inconsistent and there doesn't seem to be any explination as to how it works. It would be great ig the app had an option "Synchronise now" so you can force pull all the data.
Exactly what you described happened to me yesterday. I have a hunch that the problem lies with the ebike-connect web server. The system works like this:
KIOX -> EbikeConnect App -> ebike-connect web server -> EbikeConnect App.
IMO the two last transfers or the last transfer back to the app are having problems.

Rui Rodrigues

Apr 18, 2020
Luxembourg
Akiwi, Mak, ggx, and all persons having troubles synchronizing Kiox with the EbikeConnect app:

I just got off the phone with Bosch and they’re having trouble processing so many e-bike rides because people are riding a lot due to the current situation.

Bosch is busy increasing server capacity to accommodate for the increased traffic.

In the mean time try synchronizing your ride after 21:00 hr, or the morning after.

I hope this helps!

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
By the way, In my searches yesterday I discovered that on the rides screen of your phone, if you pull down, you can force a synchronize. It was something that always bugged me that there wasn't a synchronise now button / option

Rui Rodrigues

Apr 18, 2020
Luxembourg
By the way, In my searches yesterday I discovered that on the rides screen of your phone, if you pull down, you can force a synchronize. It was something that always bugged me that there wasn't a synchronise now button / option
Yes but unfortunately the pull down to synchronize doesn’t really work. If the entire communication feedback circuit KIOX-APP-SERVER-APP isn’t closed the pull down won’t work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles