Kindernay VII internal gears – intro & test ride

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
The Kindernay VII internal gear system was introduced a few months ago. We finally had the chance to see and test it. Watch the video or continue reading below.

Cheaper

We rode the 14 speed Kindernay XIV a few years ago. The new Kindernay VII is quite a bit cheaper, with a price tag of €999 ex VAT. This includes the gear hub, rear cog, shifters and a torque arm. The “SWAP cage” is included too. This is a cage that holds the hub, and the rear wheel is built around it. If the Kindernay VII is installed on a full suspension bike, you’ll need a chain tensioner too.

lineup01-1024x249.jpg

Even though the price is reduced, the Kindernay VII isn’t a cheap option. But comparing it to an external gear system, the Kindernay could end up being the cheaper option in the long run. One 12 speed chain and a cassette can easily be €150. An eager rider will have to swap the chain multiple times every season. Run an...

Continue reading...

verysideways

Oct 17, 2018
Cotswolds
Finally a bit more choice.
I'm very happy with my Rohloff and i thought the Kindernay 14 was a great idea too, but anything which helps mountain bikers get away from derailleurs is a great thing i think. More choices, more riding!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles