Kickstand for the Giant Fathom

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
I'd never thought of having a kickstand on a mountain bike, even an e mountain bike.... until my wife bought an ebike with a kickstand pre-fitted ?

Now when we stop for a rest somewhere or to take pictures I have to find either somewhere to rest my bike or lay it on the floor, whilst she just puts the kick stand down and gets on with whatever we are doing.

I noticed at the bottom stay on my 2019 Giant Fathom E+2 there is a plastic plug in the position where you'd put a kickstand and it looks like the 2020 Giant KSA would fit this, has anyone tried it and is there anything I need to consider before I do (other than worry about how I look with a kickstand on my bike :D )

TheLob

May 23, 2020
Northern Ireland
This is what it looks like on my 2019 Fathom E+3 29er. Purchased from my local Giant dealer, the kickstand kit comes with the required screws. Removal of the plastic plugs revealed two M6 threaded holes, (on my wife’s Liv Amiti they were 6mm clearance holes) They fit well and are perfectly practical. I have had to retighten them a couple of times,as they worked loose (the return spring is quite strong. I took care not to over tighten as frame is aluminium. I am not doing any high speed downhill or mountain biking, mainly country paths, roads and cycle paths. Hope that helps.

48490B25-118C-4720-A206-CF6AEE55672A.jpeg

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
It is a must for my fathom e+2 pro 2019, fitted the same day it arrived and it works perfectly! After almost two years of use I have just installed a new one because the first one had some play and instability already ;)

I wish all ebikes come with this pre drilled holes :(

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
It is a must for my fathom e+2 pro 2019, fitted the same day it arrived and it works perfectly! After almost two years of use I have just installed a new one because the first one had some play and instability already ;)

I wish all ebikes come with this pre drilled holes :(
Was the plastic plug that covers those holes easy to get out?

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Yesss! You have 2 options:
- Remove wheel and then it is a free access
- Access them through the opposite side and insert the allen screwdriver through the rotor

Very easy mate!

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
Yesss! You have 2 options:
- Remove wheel and then it is a free access
- Access them through the opposite side and insert the allen screwdriver through the rotor

Very easy mate!
:ROFLMAO: so glad you told me that, I was going to rip it off as I assumed it was just pushed in :ROFLMAO:

TheLob

May 23, 2020
Northern Ireland
I think the cover was aluminium painted black and held on through the back with two countersank screws with 3mm hex heads. I was able to remove without removing the wheel.

TheLob

May 23, 2020
Northern Ireland
Please advise. Where did you get those fenders?
Sorry for the late reply, the Front one is a RRP (RapidRacerProducts) Proguard Bolt On and the rear one is a Mudhugger. I think were both Large to suit the 29 inch wheels. Its been a few years since I purchased and fitted them so can’t remember who I purchased them from, but it was online so a quick search should find them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles