Kenevo mudguards

Kevnevo

Feb 3, 2019
North East England
Any suggestions as to a decent front fender on on a Kenevo. Ps not a fan of cable ties wrapped around a grands worth of lyric forks. Any advice about a rear mudguard would be good too.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have the RRP's front and rear on my Vitus (and Zip tied to £900 worth of Lyrik :cool:). For proper winter riding there isn't really much better out there if your main priority is protecting the bike and keeping your vision clear. If you want to keep more crap off you then their are better rear options, but they are aesthetically challenging if you get bothered by that.

The RRP rear guard is designed to keep muck of the shock and bearings rather than off the rider.

If you dont want to use zip ties then the new Crudcatcher is really your only option.

crud-xl-fender

DSCF0886-Edit-2.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

c4s2rs6

May 3, 2018
Aberdeen
I have a Sam Hill style mudhugger at the back and a carbon Mudguardz CG350 at the front. All zip tied on but so far quite secure and no damage. The rear guard lets some crud onto the pivot as it is cut down to keep tyre clearance, gap get bigger with suspension sag which is not ideal but better than nothing. I know the look is a bit marmite but keeps some mud off
3.jpg
IMG_3322.jpg

Last edited:

Brainless

Sep 14, 2018
Bradford
How have you attached the add on? This is exactly what I had in mind. It without the add on
Very simple pal and it works a treat..
How have you attached the add on? This is exactly what I had in mind. It without the add on
Strong velcro, works brilliant no need for screws etc, grips really well, I went out on a mud fest of ride and the extension was in my pack within seconds it was out bag and on rrp

Pat2203

Sep 15, 2018
Guisborough
Very simple pal and it works a treat..

Strong velcro, works brilliant no need for screws etc, grips really well, I went out on a mud fest of ride and the extension was in my pack within seconds it was out bag and on rrp
Good idea to be able to add or remove when needed is your extension one of those flat plastic ones you’ve adapted? How did it perform in the mud fest? Lol

Brainless

Sep 14, 2018
Bradford
Good idea to be able to add or remove when needed is your extension one of those flat plastic ones you’ve adapted? How did it perform in the mud fest? Lol
Well I went on same run with and without extention on.. First run I ended up with crap on back, second run nowhere near as much, having said that all I needed to do was peel the extention off and just put it forward a bit more, so going to do mud run again and take photos before after, the extention is one of them free guards ya get in mags. Just messing about trying it out

Pat2203

Sep 15, 2018
Guisborough
Well I went on same run with and without extention on.. First run I ended up with crap on back, second run nowhere near as much, having said that all I needed to do was peel the extention off and just put it forward a bit more, so going to do mud run again and take photos before after, the extention is one of them free guards ya get in mags. Just messing about trying it out
Brilliant I’ll get it done and post some pics too cheers pal

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles