Kenevo max chainring

c4s2rs6

May 3, 2018
Aberdeen
Hi. The stock ring is threaded so if you change you probably need to buy a set of nuts and bolts. I needed to grid about 1mm from each nut to make it tighten enough to hold the ring

Steady_eddy

Patreon
Apr 25, 2018
Netherlands

Yann smith

Sep 21, 2018
England
Maybe it’s the hope ring then. I put a 36t hope 104 BCD ring on my medium Kenevo and it catches on the chainstay, it’s ok whilst on the bike but catches whilst oiling chain etc.
I filed each tooth down a bit but it’s still too close with no sag.
I bought new I.D low profile single ring chain bolt pack from LBS and they fit without any filing down.
Gearing is much better with 36 front. Something Specialized should have sorted IMO.

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
ASV, thats clearly still way close compared to the comfortable fit of that exact ring on the Turbo Levo.

Any of you feel you have lost any noticeable climbing torque going to the 36T? I wouldn't notice it if I did so I am hoping you more expert folk can enlighten us on this.

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Same here. my bike feels infinitely nicer to ride with the 36T giving reasonable speed without me spinning like the proverbial hungry hamster on hamster wheel. I mostly was only in the lower part of the cassette before but now I find myself using a wider spread and a often in wider mid section rarely going down to the smallest gears but still rarely using the big gears on the cassette. This is more like I was used to on my hybrid and road bikes. I doubt I will ever miss any lost torque.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles