Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo dropper cable shredded

Blish

Jan 12, 2020
Cornwall
Hi all,
Decided to change my standard dropper post on my 2019 kenevo as it was playing up (sometimes not coming back up, or halfway, sometimes won’t go down etc) so bought a fox transfer post, when I removed the battery to unclip the cable so I could get it out I found it’s somehow badly damaged (see pics) ? Plus the routing of the cable over the motor then under the thread of a bolt seems a lot of strain on it? I’d pulled it out from under the bolt before I took the pic. Any opinions on this?
7EB41079-AB78-45C9-B2E9-051F61C34A23.jpeg

926527BB-493E-40FF-905B-6014CA7B76E6.png

19969462-0915-4D15-9C50-BE2AAEC6C780.png

88103B39-44C2-48C6-85AE-AD293D79E0D0.png

Last edited:

Baffled 1

Nov 10, 2019
Warwick
Hello Chap, I posted a topic similar to your issue this week my dropper post was showing same symptoms as yours and found also the cable shredded. l am taking mine back to bike shop for warranty claim.

Blish

Jan 12, 2020
Cornwall
Hi all,
Decided to change my standard dropper post on my 2019 kenevo as it was playing up (sometimes not coming back up, or halfway, sometimes won’t go down etc) so bought a fox transfer post, when I removed the battery to unclip the cable so I could get it out I found it’s somehow badly damaged (see videos) ? Plus the routing of the cable over the motor then under the thread of a bolt seems a lot of strain on it? Any opinions on this? View attachment 24414
Hello Chap, I posted a topic similar to your issue this week my dropper post was showing same symptoms as yours and found also the cable shredded. l am taking mine back to bike shop for warranty claim.
hi mate,
Yeah mines going in tomorrow too, I didn’t buy it from the shop tho bought it online so hopefully the shop don’t get bitchy about it ? was your cable damaging in the same place?

Baffled 1

Nov 10, 2019
Warwick
My cable damage was just as the cable enters the frame at the headstock. If you scroll a fair way down the topics and look for Dropper Post Advice.
I have posted a photo.
I am little bit pissed as my frame is a Carbon Comp and you would have thought things like this wouldn't happen with a carbon frame (I can't imagine any snagging points along a smooth running frame).
It will be interesting to see how it gets fixed as well as yours. ?

Blish

Jan 12, 2020
Cornwall
My cable damage was just as the cable enters the frame at the headstock. If you scroll a fair way down the topics and look for Dropper Post Advice.
I have posted a photo.
I am little bit pissed as my frame is a Carbon Comp and you would have thought things like this wouldn't happen with a carbon frame (I can't imagine any snagging points along a smooth running frame).
It will be interesting to see how it gets fixed as well as yours. ?
Put on your post how you get on, I’ll keep an eye on it bud, good luck

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
In the service manual it says when you remove or replace the dropper post, you have to feed the cable through at the same time, which is an acknowledgement that the outer cable is a tight fit, which seems to be where it feeds around the motor. When I pull the cable out the plastic is quite damaged as if it is catching on something sharp in there. I would like to replace the outer cable but I can see (on 2018 Kenevo) that this could be very tricky as somewhere it is going through a very tight restriction. Has anyone any advice on doing this?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Battery out and left hand top motor cover off. Then turn the handle bars to the right side and feed the cable towards the motor and then lift the seat up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles