Kenevo Comp?

Smashysmash

Jan 4, 2019
Bristol, UK
Hi - new to the forum - question about the 2019 Kenevo Comp for you all.
Should the smaller battery and lower torque motor be a deal breaker? Other than that the spec looks pretty good and not sure I can afford an Expert...
Cheers!

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
Hey Smashy welcome!
I've personally not ridden the Kenevo so cannot comment on torque. To speculate, I think more torque is nice but not always needed depending on your riding style.
As for the battery, it is a bit smaller. I've got levo and if you are happy suing lower power levels you can find yourself getting good mileage a long ride or you can use higher power if you've been mainly descending and want to blast back up :)

With my power settings on my levo, 20,40 and 60 - I rarely come out of 20% power (and am about 78kg all kitted up). at 504wh, the most range i got was 58 miles from a charge (on a mainly flat route) if that gives you any idea of whether the smaller battery could be a deal breaker :)

EDIT: just read about the 1.2 motor vs 1.3. Specialized say that it isn't as efficient which would suggest that, along with smaller battery, would likely give you a lower range so take my info above with a grain of salt :giggle:

Jpla9849

Jan 8, 2019
Sevenoaks
Yo! I have a 2019 Kenevo Comp, its the bomb. It was describe to me by the salesman as a DH bike with a built in uplift. I use it for mainly XC but with some big drops on the local trails and it works perfectly for me!

I have never struggled with lack of power or battery. I'm 70KG including kit and 2Ltrs of water in my pack, Eco is set at 30% and I'll comfortably get 3 hours with probably 900M of climbing on my usual ride.

This bike has one mode, which is full send!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles