Kenevo comp 2020 trail setup? Help needed

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
Hey guys.

Im thinking about, making a trail setup on my kenevo comp.
im still keeping the coil for bikeparks and DH runs
I want to put an air shock on, but im in doubt on with to choose.

what would you guys recoment? FOX X2 - DPX2 ? other brands?
please guide me to the best setup.

Im a pretty agressive rider, so it needs to be a shock that can take some hits, eaven on trail riding.
kenevo.jpg

Aragaiki

Dec 24, 2019
Chile, San Pedro de la Paz
Hey guys.

Im a pretty agressive rider, so it needs to be a shock that can take some hits, eaven on trail riding. View attachment 21985
Hi,
I prefer the Fox X2 for hard hitting Enduro trails.

I have both shocks for my Yeti SB6; the fox float X2 is really plush and composed in rough terrain and bikepark. I use DPX2 time to time for XC trials with long climbing.

I have the Kenevo Comp and coil shock is OK for me both dh and enduro/trail, Why do you want to change it?

Bye,
Hey guys.

Im a pretty agressive rider, so it needs to be a shock that can take some hits, eaven on trail riding. View attachment 21985

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Seeing as every air shock I've ever owned has never lasted more than 12 months before the damping blows I'm inclined to agree.
But looks like spesh are now spec'ing air on the new kenevos, I guess due to the breaking coil shock shafts. Ive seen both marzochi, ohlins & rockshox broken. Whether this is due to the yoke causing extra leverage or incorrectly spec'd spring rates, I don't know.
All I know is I am sticking with coil :)

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Seeing as every air shock I've ever owned has never lasted more than 12 months before the damping blows I'm inclined to agree.
But looks like spesh are now spec'ing air on the new kenevos, I guess due to the breaking coil shock shafts. Ive seen both marzochi, ohlins & rockshox broken. Whether this is due to the yoke causing extra leverage or incorrectly spec'd spring rates, I don't know.
All I know is I am sticking with coil :)
Me too, but maybe want a lighter spring or even progressive spring. What's your opinion, folks?

Yes, there has been a bad-looking cases when the spring shocks have broken.
Apparently more, however, for the heaviest riders and those shocks with a thin or aluminum shaft.

Dustjunky

Nov 11, 2020
Derby
Yep I was thinking of a lighter progressive spring set up ....never heard of things snapping before just blown seals but I tend to agree with heavy riders / wrong spring having something to do with it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles