Kenevo chain ring size

chris edwards

Nov 24, 2018
Lowestoft
Hi all,

we have just bought a pair of Kenevo's from Rutland Cycling , the store manager suggested we upgrade the chain ring from the standard 32 to a 36 tooth based on most of his customers eventually requesting this after a few rides. Can I assume the 32 standard makes the gears slightly short in reach ? A larger ring would aid torque though so if uplifting what is the sweet spot uplift ? 34 or 36 ? or just leave at 32 ?

Dwazzer

Oct 10, 2018
Cumbria UK
The Kenevo rides really nice in either guise! It just depends what sort of speed you’re going to be doing as you can run out of ‘pedal’ with the 32t chain ring at higher speeds...but you really have to be shifting! I’ve just changed mine to a 36t and I must say it feels a bit better. I don’t miss anything on the climbs but do have a bit more on the flat out sections ?. But it’s bloody good on the 32t too ?

chris edwards

Nov 24, 2018
Lowestoft
Thanks Dwazzer I'll take that and have them converted going to change the front tyres too to a Magic Mary for the winter. We're super excited about finally jumping onto the e-bike merry go round and reckon our normal enduro bikes are likely to gather dust now !

Studo

Aug 25, 2018
Bristol
Hi all,

we have just bought a pair of Kenevo's from Rutland Cycling , the store manager suggested we upgrade the chain ring from the standard 32 to a 36 tooth based on most of his customers eventually requesting this after a few rides. Can I assume the 32 standard makes the gears slightly short in reach ? A larger ring would aid torque though so if uplifting what is the sweet spot uplift ? 34 or 36 ? or just leave at 32 ?
What size are your Kenevos? I have a medium and a 36t wouldnt fit so went for a 34t.
Other upgrades to consider:
Definately change the tyres, butchers are guff, i run magic marys front and back.
Consider shorter cranks, i was getting loads of pedal strikes. Im now running 152mm Mirandas, not had a pedal strike since.
Seatpost, the WU is not great, though have lived with mine so far but a new seatpost definately on the xmas list.
The Kenevo is a do anything bike and you will love it. Bike parks, DH, epic xcountry rides,
20181117_094527.jpg
I even commute on mine a few times a week with my spare set of wheels sporting Schwalbe Supermotos...coolest commuter in town!

chris edwards

Nov 24, 2018
Lowestoft
What size are your Kenevos? I have a medium and a 36t wouldnt fit so went for a 34t.
Definately change the tyres, butchers are guff, i run magic marys front and back.
Consider shorter cranks, i was getting loads of pedal strikes. Im now running 152mm Mirandas, not had a pedal strike since.
Seatpost, the WU is not great, though have lived with mine so far but a new seatpost definately on the xmas list.
The Kenevo is a do anything bike and you will love it. Bike parks, DH, epic xcountry rides, View attachment 8198 I even commute on mine a few times a week with my spare set of wheels sporting Schwalbe Supermotos...coolest commuter in town!

WOW now that is SUPER COOL ! thank you for the tips and will adapt the chain ring on the small Kenevo to a 34 th , mine is a large so should be ok. Once we have the bikes I shall post photo's of them both with the upgrades

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
The Kenevo is a do anything bike and you will love it. Bike parks, DH, epic xcountry rides, View attachment 8198 I even commute on mine a few times a week with my spare set of wheels sporting Schwalbe Supermotos...coolest commuter in town!
Interesting that the 36t did not fit your medium kanevo. My medium Levo the 36t fit comfortably.

GG Rover

Dec 5, 2018
SD CA
I have a medium Kenevo fitted with a 36T RaceFace chainring. There is still some clearance with the chainstay, so it does not interfere at all...

Kenevocomp

May 22, 2019
Hampshire, U.K
Hey Guys

I have a small Kenevo 2019 do we know what the outcome with the 36T chain ring was ?

Also with the 152mm cranks and down sides as lots of pedal strikes also !

agreed on the dropper, proper turd gets stuck before dropping and ive had it apart and no difference.

TIA

Wic_ed1

Oct 4, 2020
New Zealand
Hi, does changing the chain ring increase the assistance speed? In NZ the bikes assist up to 32km/h I’m looking for any mods that will increase this slightly without voiding my warranty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles