Kenevo 2020 new owners thoughts

Aug 6, 2019
australia
After a 3 months of waiting I picked my Kenevo Comp 2020 S3. I rode it on power mode all the time from the shop to the local downhill bike park then home. Total of 35 KM and have left 3 bars
1st thoughts
easy to jump, you compress and you are flying
quite
on the burns it feels secure.
Tomorrow I am going to another downhill park and will be able to test the bike.
I purchased a display and cushcore for both rims.
I ordered a Levo but changed the order.
I always purchased medium bikes.
the only change I will make for tomorrow is to move forward the seat. I think my arms will feel better.

the best toy a have purchased on my 54 years

cheers

kenevo comp 2020.jpeg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
After a 3 months of waiting I picked my Kenevo Comp 2020 S3. I rode it on power mode all the time from the shop to the local downhill bike park then home. Total of 35 KM and have left 3 bars
1st thoughts
easy to jump, you compress and you are flying
quite
on the burns it feels secure.
Tomorrow I am going to another downhill park and will be able to test the bike.
I purchased a display and cushcore for both rims.
I ordered a Levo but changed the order.
I always purchased medium bikes.
the only change I will make for tomorrow is to move forward the seat. I think my arms will feel better.

the best toy a have purchased on my 54 years

cheers

View attachment 20248
Hahah I was there last Sunday. I saw your bike at the shop the other day. Very nice!
How cool is that little park for an urban trail!
Watch that last jump on track 3, I overshot that quite a bit!

Aug 6, 2019
australia
The Ebike world is small. I meet Christian and his brother today at YouYangs. I have a Levo hardtail 2017 wheelset. I was planning to use then on the new bike. They don't fit on the fork or back. Different hub shape ends. I will sell them. I had a 1 1/2 hour session and was amazing. Same experience, easy to climb, fast and planted on the descents. The reach is perfect after moving the seat forward.
The same advice was given to me if you are thinking of buying an e-bike , demo as many you can.

cheers

love the feeling of going downhill, a healthy shot of life to my system

IMG_2759.JPG

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
The Ebike world is small. I meet Christian and his brother today at YouYangs. I have a Levo hardtail 2017 wheelset. I was planning to use then on the new bike. They don't fit on the fork or back. Different hub shape ends. I will sell them. I had a 1 1/2 hour session and was amazing. Same experience, easy to climb, fast and planted on the descents. The reach is perfect after moving the seat forward.
The same advice was given to me if you are thinking of buying an e-bike , demo as many you can.

cheers

View attachment 20276
So nice! Please post more pics, video, stories etc of the best bikes in the best city.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere

cheers

View attachment 20276
Good to meet you mate!
You have one beautiful bike there and a great upgrade from the HT Levo. Your world has been opened up now to many more opportunities!
See you on the trails!

Aug 6, 2019
australia
How your liking the suspension on the comp version? Sweet looking bike
my 1st time with this type of suspension. I noticed the following improvements

1-I can compress better and jump higher
2-smooth travel on small bumps

Today I have a practice run to commute to work. The battery on mode 3 at all times delivered 23 KM and has left 53%. The commute has a few uphills and I use gravity a lot to reserve the battery. Cruising speed 25 km to enjoy the shuttle mode.

one way result.

cheers

commute time.jpeg

Aug 6, 2019
australia
update, I have two 29 inch wheels with 2.25 fast-rolling tires that fit on the bike. I will use these wheels for commuting. Not much clearance left on the fork and the back, the commute road is most cement and bitumen. The reason is that the tires on the wheels are fast-rolling and with 29th rims, I am hoping the battery range will increase. I left a second charger at work, so I can be on boots mode both ways of the commute. Today I ran out 1 KM from my house using boots both ways to work (approx 46 KM). I am 85 kilos.

Since Friday I rode 3 bike parks (Footscray, Penty Gorge, and You Yangs) + the trip to work (over 100km since Friday). The tracks are loose gravel and nice compact dirt. The Specialized butcher tires did the job well.

overall the bike is amazing. Going fast on a straight downhill I reach 45 KM. The slack HT angle helped to feel secure at high speeds. The brakes did the job.

The weekend is over.

Cheers

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I only have the 1.3 motor, so don't have shuttle mode as an option. I think if you turn shuttle mode off (Mission control settings) and leave it in mode 3 (turbo) you'll probably gain +20% more range - that's a total guess though based on what shuttle's doing.

Also, dropping to mode 2 (trail), but reduce the peak power from 100% to 70 or 80% should give you a big jump in range for not much more noticeable effort once you're upto speed if you're on tarmac/cement.

Aug 6, 2019
australia
Hello,

commute update, I have consistency results on boots mode and distance. I only use boots mode so I don't get to work tired or too sweaty

I will test if I can get more km using fast-rolling tires

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

IMG_2890.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG

Aug 6, 2019
australia
Yesterday I demo the following bikes at Bright Victoria
Levo 2020
Kenevo Comp 2019
Giant Trance E-pro 2020
Trek powerfly 2019
Rocky Mountain Altitude 2020

I confirmed I made the right purchase for me. All the bike I demo are good, some are better.
The Rocky Mountain power and disengagement are better than any other bike.
I kept peddling with minimum or no drag after the 25km restriction.

cheers

Aug 6, 2019
australia
Hello All,

It has taken a long time to test the commuting wheel and tires setup. I increased by 7km the distance using fast-rolling tire vs the original Butcher Black DMNO tires. The fast-rolling tires and wheels are only for commuting. Also, very happy with the bike and will use the original tires for the bike trails. No regrets purchasing the bike. This is my last post Cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles