Kenevo 2020 battery rock guard - out of stock, what now?

Stayrudee

Feb 12, 2020
Poland
Hi I have damaged my battery cover riding into small log in the forest, no speed but the part is quite fragile. It shouldn't be that fragile in the bike intended for heavy trail riding, but ok. I wanted to buy a replacement and my LBS informed me that all are sold out and I cannot get one. Maybe in may or later. Is it true that there is no way to get this cover? I don't want to use my bike with broken part that is quite vital for its protection and I don't want to wait till may too. And I don't want to order it from a reseller from the other part of Europe with extra bill for international shipping, as it is already quite expensive. Part number is S194200005. @Specialized Rider Care could you help me? I am based in Poland - Kraków city. Ps. the bike is dope ;)

S194200005.jpeg

Stayrudee

Feb 12, 2020
Poland
thanks for the link, I just wanted to order it locally, as shipping from UK and currency exchange rate are bumping the price quite a bit.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Hi I have damaged my battery cover riding into small log in the forest, - Part number is S194200005. @Specialized Rider Care could you help me? I am based in Poland - Kraków city. Ps. the bike is dope ;)

Hi @Stayrudee - sorry to hear this. We do have a brief shortage - I checked with our EU warehouse and this part was one of a small number missed in a restocking process. Our Polish team are trying to find you one - hold tight.

Stayrudee

Feb 12, 2020
Poland
Hi @Stayrudee - sorry to hear this. We do have a brief shortage - I checked with our EU warehouse and this part was one of a small number missed in a restocking process. Our Polish team are trying to find you one - hold tight.
@Specialized Rider Care I have already sent emails to few polish Specialized stores and I have found one that has that part. But they refused to sell it in the crash replacement program, so I have paid full price + posting to my city. Anyway meanwhile your polish branch contacted me and I have asked them if this part should be in crash replacement program and they said yes. So I am quite confused, probably I have paid more than I should and I had to find the part by myself. Not really a premium customer service as it should be. Just letting you know so you could work on that as I really like the bike.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
@Specialized Rider Care I have already sent emails to few polish Specialized stores and I have found one that has that part. But they refused to sell it in the crash replacement program, so I have paid full price + posting to my city. Anyway meanwhile your polish branch contacted me and I have asked them if this part should be in crash replacement program and they said yes. So I am quite confused, probably I have paid more than I should and I had to find the part by myself. Not really a premium customer service as it should be. Just letting you know so you could work on that as I really like the bike.

Apologies @Stayrudee - I got to you as fast as I could, I know our Polish team had a plan to help you out but I fully understand you needed to find a solution asap.

Stayrudee

Feb 12, 2020
Poland
Apologies @Stayrudee - I got to you as fast as I could, I know our Polish team had a plan to help you out but I fully understand you needed to find a solution asap.
@Specialized Rider Care Thing is that first I have contacted my LBS which is Specialized Concept Store so it's a flagship store in my area and I have just received a short message that I have to wait till may or later, so I have contacted polish Specialized branch directly and I have received the same answer. After that I started to look for the part on the forums and started this thread. I emailed also few polish shops in hope to find the part. And I have found one in another Specialized Concept Store so I guess they should be well informed on your policy. But when I asked them about crash replacement program they said no way this is for me. I paid full price because I was worried that maybe this is the last part in Europe and I will have to wait till may to fix my bike. But just to be sure I also emailed polish Specialized branch about the crash replacement program and they said that I can get 35% off and this is covered, they also found the part in another polish shop, so some stock is still available. In conclusion, from my point of view I would be happy if I could just contact my LBS with the problem, he should inform me about the crash replacement program, inform me that he is sorry but the part is out of stock and than ask you to help me find it in another store. Simple as that. No need to spend few hours on the internet and writing that kind of posts. I am also worried that no one ever informed me about that crash replacement program and I have found it by accident on your web page, looks like Concept Stores don't know how it works too. Should I contact the Concept Store which sold me the part to refund me that 35%? just let me know how it works. Thanks for your help.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
That thing is totalt crap. I have broken two in a week, one by a flying stone from the front wheel. Now I have a proper bashguard.

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
Mine is broken too, don't know how and why. This guard is really expensive and seems to be too weak.
Told my dealer about it, longer then two weeks ago. Nothing heard right now.

Riprocken

Apr 9, 2020
USA
Mine broke too, bike is a month old. Tapped a rock on a rocky downhill. Didn't even upset my balance. Dealer is trying to locate one for me. Apparently Specialized didn't forsee needing to produce many of these? How they didn't forsee that when they selected this garbage material to manufacturer the part from is beyond me. Need to fire that corp decision maker.
@Specialized Rider Care
I have concerns about this cheap part. Why is a 2$ piece of plastic being sold for 50$, the main support for a 900$ battery? My plate had a tiny piece of plastic not broken across it.
This part should at least be made of high density plastic like the material used for atv and dirtbike skid plates. Not this cheap brittle abs stuff. And perhaps an internal cable latch or something in case of plate failure. Seriously how can this be the only thing holding the battery in,, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Riprocken

Apr 9, 2020
USA
Ok the more I look. The bolt would have to fail for the battery to fall out. So that would not happen, anyway.
The part is still a brittle overpriced understocked POS.
IMG_20200410_200722.jpg

Riprocken

Apr 9, 2020
USA
Never heard back from lbs. Assuming from the posts here it's gonna be awhile. So when I was a kid we used to destroy dirtbike plastic like it was our duty. And parents were not buying new ones every week. So we learned how to stitch them back together with a drill and some zip ties. Frankenstein style.
And I want to ride, so get out the drill, zip ties and an old take off mx fender. And the vibration cutter tool and a belt sander,, maybe some nice new razors,,,
IMG_20200411_165749.jpg

IMG_20200411_174653.jpg

Trying to work this in there to soak up the pantywaste from the OEM part.
IMG_20200411_191902.jpg

Should hold up ok.
IMG_20200411_225620.jpg

IMG_20200411_225600.jpg

Airpro

Nov 18, 2018
Boise, idaho
We offer 2 different bash guards for both the first generation Levo and the 2019 and newer levos and kenovos. Lifetime warranty and 10% off for all emtb forum members. Made in USA and free domestic shipping. Cnc machined and installs in seconds. Visit Airprofork.com or call 208-283-8419

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
After short 15 weeks of waiting, my rockguard was finally delivered today.
(y) ?

Last edited:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
After 15 short weeks of waiting, my rockguard was finally delivered today.
(y) ?
15 weeks?! ? This is unacceptable for such "cheap" and at the same time crucial plastic part for very expensive bike...

Carnivorous

Aug 5, 2021
North Wales
Hi I have damaged my battery cover riding into small log in the forest, no speed but the part is quite fragile. It shouldn't be that fragile in the bike intended for heavy trail riding, but ok. I wanted to buy a replacement and my LBS informed me that all are sold out and I cannot get one. Maybe in may or later. Is it true that there is no way to get this cover? I don't want to use my bike with broken part that is quite vital for its protection and I don't want to wait till may too. And I don't want to order it from a reseller from the other part of Europe with extra bill for international shipping, as it is already quite expensive. Part number is S194200005. @Specialized Rider Care could you help me? I am based in Poland - Kraków city. Ps. the bike is dope ;)

View attachment 26177
Bombproof bashguards from France. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles