Kenevo Gen1 kenevo 2019 motor second owner

TonyT

Feb 20, 2021
Cheshire
Hi ive just got a 2019 kenevo which still has original motor, so im guessing it might break, which is fine. Ive been through forums and robs youtube videos, from what i read it should still be covered for second owner for up to 4years? The original owner checked with his tredz bike shop where he bought it and they said its not covered for 4 yrs to second owner. Anyone help? Should i chase specialized or any other shop? Im UK by the way.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The 2019 Kenevo has the 1.3 Motor. This had no software related potential issues, so was not subject to the extension of the warranty that the 2.1 motor in the 2019/2020 Levo's and 2020 Kenevo models were.

My 2019 Kenevo has it's original motor. In terms of motor's and bikes I'd say it's had a very hard life yet it's still going strong, so I wouldn't assume your motor IS going to fail. To be honest, I'm not sure how mine hasn't just from abuse, crashes, abysmal riding and drowning.

A proportion do, but these are disproportionately reported on forums. People who's motor's don't fail - don't report that ....

Don't jet wash the bike - especially anywhere near the battery, motor or linkages. Just wipe it down if it's light dirt or hive it a hose and a brush/sponge as appropriate. Dry it off afterwards, I use a battery leaf blower (paying attention to blow away from switches, ports, holes, cranks and so on and then microfiber cloths.

Don't charge it straight after a ride. I normally leave mine at least an hour. If you've been riding hard, the battery gets warm. It's not ideal to charge when it's hot. If I've washed it, I always charge it - effectively to warm it up and slowly help remove any excess moisture which might be in there. I always then leave the charge port open after a charge, again, to make sure it's dry.

Don't leave the battery out in the cold and then ride it.

Don't pedal strike - it will eventually break your motor from the sudden shocks involved - often going from full speed to zero in a millisecond.

Don't pedal at a low cadence, especially in trail and boost. The motor will try to power you along, but won't be at an efficient speed so it will run hotter than normal, wasting your battery and putting more wear on the motor and the belt.

It's a Kenevo .. It's a tank. You can still ride it like crazy, ride it in the rain, ride it in the snow, ride it in the mud, throw it down mountains. Just try not to submerge the motor.

Ché

May 7, 2021
Hull
Hi all, I'm selling my kenevo 2019 comp next month once I get my 2020 kenevo expert, anyway I've never ever had one ounce of trouble with the motor or anything else to do with this bike, I'm very reluctant on selling it to be fair, but I'm needing the much bigger battery for single days out more miles, all thanks to my heart attack last year, so all hail to the kenevo comp and expert ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles