Kellys Theos F90 Arrived

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Maybe i am being fussy, but SLX cassette and E7000 screen/controls should not be on this bike. Bit of a let down, all else looks great.

eMullet

Mar 28, 2021
Planet Earth
What it so bad about the E7000 display? No colors? So what? I think any display that doesnt show for example, a map, is not even needed in EMTB. Maybe I'm different but I like clean cockpit with something like EN-EW100.

And the casette. SLX vs XT casette is 60g different in weight.

Last edited:

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
What it so bad about the E7000 display? No colors? So what? I think any display that doesnt show for example, a map, is not even needed in EMTB. Maybe I'm different but I like clean cockpit with something like EN-EW100.

And the casette. SLX vs XT casette is 60g different in weight.
What's wrong with it? It's not even made for the ep8 motor and requires adaptors to retrofit it to the new motor. Also losing access to the extra features you would get from the proper screen

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
While I agree that it looks great, I'd be scared to ride it on my usual routes. It looks kind of fragile, although I'm sure it's not.

Not that I could afford one anyway :p

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Out tomorrow for a blast on it. The bike build quality from what I can see so far is really, really good. Fit and finish are excellent. Up there with the best.

Kellys claim this steel- laminate is 2x resistant to impact fracture vs carbon. They’ve told me that they’ve actually been unable to break it on a test rig (but no idea on stats / forces).

Anthonye

Jul 9, 2020
Uk
Out tomorrow for a blast on it. The bike build quality from what I can see so far is really, really good. Fit and finish are excellent. Up there with the best.

Kellys claim this steel- laminate is 2x resistant to impact fracture vs carbon. They’ve told me that they’ve actually been unable to break it on a test rig (but no idea on stats / forces).
Come to Caerphilly plenty of trails but a bit sloppy at the mo.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Looks like a lot of bending load in the top tube given how far away from the tube centre the upper shock pivot is and how shallow section the tube is.
Beware the bottom out I'd say or you might have a 'Z' for a top tube.

Anthonye

Jul 9, 2020
Uk
Coed Y Brenin Black trails (y) I know it’s not south but worth the extra.

When do you think you will have the 1st podcast up, been waiting ages for someone to give a proper review, like a kid in a candy store😁

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
When do you think you will have the 1st podcast up, been waiting ages for someone to give a proper review, like a kid in a candy store😁
First look video out in next day or 2.

First ride yesterday. 42K / 1400 Metres Elevation. Down to 1 bar on the 720Wh battery.

Loads of travel, feels much more nimble than I'd expect a 170mm travel ebike to feel. The chain stay length is 459mm which is quite long compared to a lot of new ebikes. But for me, I actually prefer a longer CS length on a bigger (longer) bike. I feel way more balanced, obviously, I'm more centred weight wise with a bike with 459mm CS and a 482mm Reach.

Rear not quite as supple off the top as I was expecting. Need to have a play around with suspension, rear tyre compound is quite hard too (speed grip Nobby Nic). I'd like to see the suspension curve, I'll ask Kellys for it. Plenty of travel though on tap.

The bike in size L is super easy to move around. Especially at that weight of 22.4 KG and what feels like a lightweight rear end (27.5 / 11 speed Shimano XT / DT H1700 Rims / light(ish) rear tyre.

Top battery carrier bolts came loose on first ride (the underside of the down tube). Didn't look like there was any loctite from the factory so I've added some and torqued them up. Will see how we get on.

Some measurements I did:
Measured actual rear wheel travel: 165mm
BB Height: 355mm

Anthonye

Jul 9, 2020
Uk
First look video out in next day or 2.

First ride yesterday. 42K / 1400 Metres Elevation. Down to 1 bar on the 720Wh battery.

Loads of travel, feels much more nimble than I'd expect a 170mm travel ebike to feel. The chain stay length is 459mm which is quite long compared to a lot of new ebikes. But for me, I actually prefer a longer CS length on a bigger (longer) bike. I feel way more balanced, obviously, I'm more centred weight wise with a bike with 459mm CS and a 482mm Reach.

Rear not quite as supple off the top as I was expecting. Need to have a play around with suspension, rear tyre compound is quite hard too (speed grip Nobby Nic). I'd like to see the suspension curve, I'll ask Kellys for it. Plenty of travel though on tap.

The bike in size L is super easy to move around. Especially at that weight of 22.4 KG and what feels like a lightweight rear end (27.5 / 11 speed Shimano XT / DT H1700 Rims / light(ish) rear tyre.

Top battery carrier bolts came loose on first ride (the underside of the down tube). Didn't look like there was any loctite from the factory so I've added some and torqued them up. Will see how we get on.

Some measurements I did:
Measured actual rear wheel travel: 165mm
BB Height: 355mm
Thanks looking forward to seeing that, promising so far.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles