Keeping Up with Mates

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
I don't know if you remember but a huge amount of Democrats wanted Bernie Sanders, but the "super-delegates" (my patrician vote is counted 8 thousand times than your plebeian vote) went to Hillary on a 45-to-1 basis. DNC insiders have written how she illegally used the party apparatus to bully her way to the nomination which she wasn't winning. I mean someone like Kyle Jurek, had he been a Trumpanzee not a Bernie Bro, well, you would have already heard about him praising literal Gulags. You think it was Trump wot did it because you weren't aware of the foundations. He was the straw that broke the camel's back, not a bale of hay (except his hair).

Moshe

Feb 12, 2020
North Ridgeville, ohio,usa
I don't know if you remember but a huge amount of Democrats wanted Bernie Sanders, but the "super-delegates" (my patrician vote is counted 8 thousand times than your plebeian vote) went to Hillary on a 45-to-1 basis. DNC insiders have written how she illegally used the party apparatus to bully her way to the nomination which she wasn't winning. I mean someone like Kyle Jurek, had he been a Trumpanzee not a Bernie Bro, well, you would have already heard about him praising literal Gulags. You think it was Trump wot did it because you weren't aware of the foundations. He was the straw that broke the camel's back, not a bale of hay (except his hair).
Dirty politics started in the Adams administration. No politician has ever done more to tear this country apart with lies and hate-mongering as has Trump.
This forum is not for politics so I am going to quit talking about this right now.

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
No politician has ever done more to tear this country apart with lies and hate-mongering as has Trump.

And when you ask for specific examples, you find little, and certainly no more than previous incumbents. Is Trump racist? More than probably. But you want to revisit the Clinton "super-predator" and Biden "beyond the pale predator" remarks? The difference is they did not get the 24/7 "this is abhorrent" press airplay that it (surely?) deserved. So it gained little traction to tear the country apart. My point is I don't deny what Trump was or is, but I do deny his exceptionalism about it. The 2016 candidates who energised the population were Trump and Sanders. The fact that it had already gotten to that point proves a fractured electorate. Neither of those candidates could have arrived into the national consciousness without a pre-existing fractured electorate. If you don't think the divisions were already existing in, say, 2015 than I don't think you were paying sufficient attention.

Quite happy to go back to bike, but if you chose to respond with a political thought I'll (as best I can) politely and thoughtfully respond.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles