Keeping the Delivery Box?

Wayne Barker

Dec 3, 2018
Bath
Did anyone keep there delivery box that the bike came in. I know im supposed to but its so big it wont even fit in my loft. Surely the bike would only go to a LBS if anything went wrong. Im thinking keep it for a few weeks till im sure everything is fine then drop it off to recycle centre.
What have you all done with yours?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Don't have a Canyon (did order one... long story) but realise their box is preetty special. Can't it be folded flat if you're careful removing staples/glue (or whatever Canyon use in their construction) ?
I'd have thought Canyon would stipulate whether you need to use their box in warranty situatins. Call them and ask?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I still have the box the YT Capra (sold last year) came in that was delivered in Jun'15. It sits in the garage next to my workbench. I use it as a shelf to put stuff on whilst I'm working on my bike. I have a piece of corrugated cardboard folded over the top of the box to protect the surface. As it is right next to the chest freezer, I continue to be astonished that my wife has not insisted that I chuck it out!

I try to keep good cardboard boxes of a variety of sizes as they come in handy when I'm selling stuff.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
My canyon box stayed in my shed for 4 years, until I finally sold the bike and used the box to send it to the new owner ?
That is why I kept the box originally; I despatched my grandkids' Islabikes in the original boxes. But trying to sell the YT Capra on eBay exposed me to three separate scams. Two were to try and steal the bike but the worst one could have ended up with my account details being hi-jacked. Now, I sell "collection only". But no need to worry for a year or so yet. :)

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Keep it just long enough that you know you aren't going to warranty it in the first few weeks. After that if you need a bike box, go ask your lbs for one off their recycling heap. They get new bikes turning up most weeks in massive cardboard boxes, oddly most customers just want the bike

Wayne Barker

Dec 3, 2018
Bath
Keep it just long enough that you know you aren't going to warranty it in the first few weeks. After that if you need a bike box, go ask your lbs for one off their recycling heap. They get new bikes turning up most weeks in massive cardboard boxes, oddly most customers just want the bike
I've got rid of the inners but kept the outer. After reading your post I'm getting rid of the outer section aswell ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles