KATHMANDU HYBRID PRO 625 - 2021 first assembly: problem with charge battery connector. help!

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
Hi, I have just got the KATHMANDU HYBRID PRO 625 - 2021. I have almost assembled everything but I don't understand a thing or maybe there is a problem. I don't know it.

When I open the small plastic flap (at the base of the barrel of e-bike) to put the charger cable connector, the plastic connector inside falls out with all the rear wires connected.
It's not fixed and I don't know how to do it. What can I do exactly? I also inform you that the plastic flap doesn't remain closed properly.
Can I solve this problem?
I hope you can answer me as soon as possible.
Thank you

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
Hi Adriano, that doesn't sound good. Cube are usually well built bikes and this sounds like a manufacturing error. Give the seller a call and explain the issue to them, they will help you resolve this.

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
Yes mate, you are right, in fact a piece of plastic inside the e-bike is defective and the technicians will replace it.
Do you take away a curiosity please? I'm afraid I changed (by error) the wheel circumference setting in the Intuvia Display (but I'm not sure).
It says 2315. Is that the right number?

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
Yes mate, you are right, in fact a piece of plastic inside the e-bike is defective and the technicians will replace it.
Do you take away a curiosity please? I'm afraid I changed (by error) the wheel circumference setting in the Intuvia Display (but I'm not sure).
It says 2315. Is that the right number?
Hi Adriano, I've tried to look up 55-622 (which I think is your tyre size) and the closest I could find is 54-622, the circumference of which is stated as 2,310mm so your setting sounds about right. It doesn't have to be exactly accurate

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
Excuse my inexperience.
I know the circumference also depends on which tires you mount, I think it isn't difficult to measure it, I did a sign on the ground, a full circle, then another sign and then I measured the distance.
I just measured the circumference of my wheel, it is 300 cm. I understand that it doesn't correspond at all to the circumference that is written on my Intuvia Display (2315). Maybe it's better to change that number and enter 3000?
Maybe I'm telling non sense,
Thanks again.

PS: what do you face if the circumference of the wheel doesn't correspond to what is written on the display, as in my case?

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
Excuse my inexperience.
I know the circumference also depends on which tires you mount, I think it isn't difficult to measure it, I did a sign on the ground, a full circle, then another sign and then I measured the distance.
I just measured the circumference of my wheel, it is 300 cm. I understand that it doesn't correspond at all to the circumference that is written on my Intuvia Display (2315). Maybe it's better to change that number and enter 3000?
Maybe I'm telling non sense,
Thanks again.

PS: what do you face if the circumference of the wheel doesn't correspond to what is written on the display, as in my case?
Hi Adriano, from my understanding you can only change it by + or - 5% from the original setting, so it probably won't allow you to go as high as 3,000mm.

If you click on this schwalbe link Tire Dimensions, click on the drop down menu that says "what is the exact circumference of my tire", then look at the second table (showing the 27" to 29" tyres) and it shows what the tyre circumferences are for various larger tyres. I think your tyre is a schwalbe big ben, please correct me if I'm wrong? This has a tyre size of 55-622, which is just over the size for 54-622 which is stated as 2,310mm.

To be honest, it doesn't make much difference. If you reduce it to the lowest size setting you might be going a little bit faster than 25kph stated on your display at full assist, and you will use your battery up a little faster, or you change it to your highest setting you will be going slightly slower than the stated 25kpm and your battery will last slightly longer. If you are not in a race, I wouldn't worry about it.

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
I checked the Cube web site and it says the tires are:
Schwalbe Big Ben, Performance, 55-622
Look at the pic and I'm also attaching the link: https://www.cube.eu/uk/2021/e-bikes...thmandu-hybrid/cube-kathmandu-hybrid-pro-625- blacknblue-trapeze /
They should be 28 ".

I would also like to tell you that I'm not satisfied with this e-bike at all. When I use my wife's city bike I certainly get less effort uphill on the legs. It is an Atala Cult Evo worth not even 1500 euros. My Cube costs more than double but it doesn't satisfy me. I don't like it because even at full power, I try too hard and I'm talking about uphill city streets.
The motor makes too much noise and when I stop the pedals going slightly downhill, I hear a quick ticking like that of a clock. The technician told me it could be the brakes.
My Cube was not assembled by a Cube dealer because it is far away, and it was assembled by a simple technician who didn't know it at all. He is not used to riding e-bikes. I don't know if it all depends on this, but I am really disappointed with the behavior of my electric bike. If I could I would give it back.
It's just my thought: I don't think it's difficult to assemble an e-bike bought on an online store. Maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks a lot for your availability and your reply.

Copertoni.JPG

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
Hi Adriano, that doesn't sound right, your motor is really strong, perhaps the loose connection is more than just the charger?

Fitting the wheels onto the frame and ensuring the brake calipers line up correctly is not a difficult job, they are the same as any disc brakes on any bike, any competent bike technician should be able to get them lined up correctly.

Get the brake calipers sorted out first, to make sure that they are not slowing you down, then try the bike out again to see if its any easier going up hill. It doesn't do the work for you, so you do have to work, but if its not at least as powerful as your wife's bike then there is an issue.

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
Hi Bell, you are so kind and expert and I'd like to ask another question.
I give you an example:
if I go on a flat road with my Cube, then I don't pedal for a few seconds, then when I resume the race pedaling again, the pedals don't mesh immediately but have an empty stroke of more than half a turn. Is this normal or does my bike have a problem?

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
Hi Adriano, ebikes need a stimulus for the motor to kick in, so you do have to put some pressure on the pedals before the motor starts to turn, having said that I read that the latest firmware update that was done to the motor reduced this delay so it is almost instantaneous, I'm sure others on here have experience of Bosch motors and can advise accordingly. I'm not sure if your motor has had the firmware update that release the potential of the Bosch motor better, however even before the firmware update the Bosch motor was already one of the best out there.

Speak to the company that you bought it from and ask them if your motor has had the upgrade, and if it hasn't been upgraded ask about how you can go about getting this done. Maybe the technician who is fixing your connector can test out the whole bike and make sure it is working correctly and is all up to date?

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
Hi Bell, I didn't solve my problems, so tomorrow I will send my CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625 2021 to the seller and he will give me my money back. Now I have to choose the same e-kike or another one.
I am considering buying the same Cube or Cannondale Tesoro Neo X2 Remixte.
This time I don't want to be wrong.
I can get tne Cannondale with 100 euro more than Cube.
Which of the two would you buy?
Thank you.

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
I like that color too.
But does the Tesoro have a suspension saddle too?
The only thing that the Cube is better are the air shocks, while the Tesoro are spring loaded.

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
I like that color too.
But does the Tesoro have a suspension saddle too?
The only thing that the Cube is better are the air shocks, while the Tesoro are spring loaded.
that version of the tesoro has a suspension seatpost and the CX motor, but not sure about the lower spec version which has the cruise motor instead of the CX.

I honestly wouldn't get too hung up on the forks, if I was throwing a bike down a mountain then yes, I'd prefer air forks as they are easier to set up and a bit lighter, but for riding fire trails and the like you only need basic forks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles