Just pre-ordered a Core 2 MX Decoy...

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
Pretty stoked to finally be able to pre-order a Core 2 MX Decoy. I am 5'11" and went with an XL based on their sizing charts as I don't like a cramped seating position. Says it ships in January at the latest and man, that's gonna be a long wait!

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Right on man! Good call on the xl. Great bike. Still really happy with mine. Yt USA are great to deal with too. Hope it comes in early for ya

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
We also ordered a Core 2 MX for my wife. I'm seeing December shipping time. She can't wait to get it - and I'm looking forward to getting a spare battery! For when she's not riding her Decoy of course. Looks like a great bike:

For those in Canada - I finally managed to convince YT that we don't pay PST on ebikes anymore, since the law was changed in April. They didn't believe me at first, and I had to send them quite a few links before they would believe me. You can thank me for saving you $500 haha - although I'm sure they would have realized at some point.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
We also ordered a Core 2 MX for my wife. I'm seeing December shipping time. She can't wait to get it - and I'm looking forward to getting a spare battery! For when she's not riding her Decoy of course. Looks like a great bike:

For those in Canada - I finally managed to convince YT that we don't pay PST on ebikes anymore, since the law was changed in April. They didn't believe me at first, and I had to send them quite a few links before they would believe me. You can thank me for saving you $500 haha - although I'm sure they would have realized at some point.
Strong work LS. Thats good to know. Ill be telling friends that have been asking

Carlsbad Kook

Oct 15, 2021
North County SD
Pretty stoked to finally be able to pre-order a Core 2 MX Decoy. I am 5'11" and went with an XL based on their sizing charts as I don't like a cramped seating position. Says it ships in January at the latest and man, that's gonna be a long wait!

I'm right there with you, placed the deposit last week. I already have an upgrade list, SMH. January can't come soon enough!

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
I'm right there with you, placed the deposit last week. I already have an upgrade list, SMH. January can't come soon enough!

Excellent! Hopefully it will arrive sooner..I am bikeless right now :( What are you upgrading? I can see that shock being the first thing to go....

Carlsbad Kook

Oct 15, 2021
North County SD
Excellent! Hopefully it will arrive sooner..I am bikeless right now :( What are you upgrading? I can see that shock being the first thing to go....

My plan is to upgrade in the following order:
1) Brake levers to the CODE RSC levers
2) Shifter/derailleur to XT
3) Zeb Charger 2.1 RC2 damper upgrade
4) Rear shock to a Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate

Last edited:

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
My plan is to upgrade in the following order:
1) Brake levers to the CODE RSC levers
2) Shifter/derailleur to XT
3) Zeb Charger 2.1 RC2 damper upgrade
4) Rear shock to a Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate

Seems like a great list of upgrades. So do the Code RSC levers bolt on? those have the adjustable bite point correct?

Do you have a link where you got your Shock and Springs? I can find the shock but no information on springs.....

Last edited:

Carlsbad Kook

Oct 15, 2021
North County SD
Seems like a great list of upgrades. So do the Code RSC levers bolt on? those have the adjustable bite point correct?

Do you have a link where you got your Shock and Springs? I can find the shock but no information on springs.....

Yeah, from what I've read the RSC levers are compatible with the CODE R calipers. Yes, the RSC levers have the adjustable bite point. I haven't bought the shock and spring yet.

Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil RCT Rear Shock: 230 x 65mm, Standard Mount, Fits 27.5" YT Jeffsey and Commencal Clash

Spring: RockShox Metric Coil Spring - Length 151mm, Travel 57.5-65mm, 450 lbs, Black

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana

ebkilla

Oct 15, 2021
California
Perfect size brother. I am almost 6'0" just shy but the XL is perfect. I did some test riding, YT's are one of the sweetest rides around.esp the Decoy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles