Just got my Spectral:On 9.0 - NO CHARGER on the package

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Yeah, might take a look at Commencal again. I'm a size small at 5ft 7 so Commencal will probs be a long wait too. Vitus is too long travel for me as most my riding will be trails nothing really enduro based or extreme. The Canyon I was after was the Neuron in the blue.

From what I've seen, Commencal has real time stock status. If they don't have a size in stock of a particular model, it's pulled from the website immediately and won't allow a person to buy it. The exception is "pre-order"

So what you see on the Commencal website is what they have in the warehouse. They shipped my bike 2-day Air and from the time I purchased to the time I received the bike was about 6 days.

I got super lucky. I bought the very last large Meta Power Essential in Mango that the USA warehouse had. I knew that because as soon as I got off the phone, that option was no longer available on the website

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
Maybe its time Canyon stop becoming a direct only sales and start supplying to retailers. For example here in NZ it costs another $250 for shipping, takes 2-3 weeks and I hate to think of what the procedure is if you have a warranty claim. The e-bikes are not available yet over here either, I guess due to the shipping side of things.

I would happily order a container of canyons or even become some sort of NZ distributer for them through my shop but that would probably never happen.

Tim

Feb 2, 2019
Belgium
The charger was hidden in one of the cardboard pieces in my box, could easily be overlooked...
I’m sure you already looked in all the nooks and crannies but if you haven’t be sure to do so ;)

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Maybe its time Canyon stop becoming a direct only sales and start supplying to retailers. For example here in NZ it costs another $250 for shipping, takes 2-3 weeks and I hate to think of what the procedure is if you have a warranty claim. The e-bikes are not available yet over here either, I guess due to the shipping side of things.

I would happily order a container of canyons or even become some sort of NZ distributer for them through my shop but that would probably never happen.

A better solution would be for consumers to boycott Canyon due to their awful customer service as there are many companies out there that would greatfuly appreciate your business.
That's how I am going to play it anyway.

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
The charger was hidden in one of the cardboard pieces in my box, could easily be overlooked...
I’m sure you already looked in all the nooks and crannies but if you haven’t be sure to do so ;)
Believe me, I've looked in every corner of the package ;)

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
Hearing all these horror stories really makes me anxious, but not to discredit anyone's experience, I'm still willing to give Canyon the benefit of the doubt, and will see how they resolve this during next week.

One thing is obvious, they really to step up their game if they want their service to match the awesome bikes they have. People should complain where it's reasonable, and I hope someone from Canyon sees all these experiences and take action on it.

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Feb 2, 2019
Belgium
Also just received my spectral on 9.0 and had a first short test ride. Love how it rides :)

IMG_5269.jpg

What bugs me out tough is that one of the highlights says it comes with a grip2 fork but it actually comes with a fit4... Not that it’s bad but would’ve loved the the adjustability of the grip2

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
Also just received my spectral on 9.0 and had a first short test ride. Love how it rides :)

View attachment 10461

What bugs me out tough is that one of the highlights says it comes with a grip2 fork but it actually comes with a fit4... Not that it’s bad but would’ve loved the the adjustability of the grip2

That looks sweet! I went with the black/orange paint scheme.
Just checked my fork and its fit4 too. The fit is probably better for me but sill, WTH Canyon?

Tim

Feb 2, 2019
Belgium
Not unhappy with the fit4 but there is a price difference between the two, that’s what bothers me the most... Adressed it at canyon, hoping to get a discount :p

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
To update on my charger situation, Canyon has already shipped the missing charger via UPS, so it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

I know its not the same for everyone, but aside from the glaring omission and the frustrating initial response, I must say they have handled this pretty well and in a timely way. I'm thankful for that.

Tim

Feb 2, 2019
Belgium
Good news! Hope you’re up & running ASAP. Canyon’s customer service isn’t that bad in my opinion (I own 3 Canyons) the service center on the other hand isn’t what I’m expecting from it. Iff you find a LBS close to you that wants to work on the bike you’re golden ;)

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Yeah, might take a look at Commencal again. I'm a size small at 5ft 7 so Commencal will probs be a long wait too. Vitus is too long travel for me as most my riding will be trails nothing really enduro based or extreme. The Canyon I was after was the Neuron in the blue.
Bought 2 Cube (120 and 160) 2019 size small . As far as I could understand some available range of sizes and models in Portugese stock to chose from (but they are flying fast for the trail users).

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
Received €50 cash back for the wrong info, they’ve changed the highlight info now.

@Tim funny enough, in my case Canyon is trying to justify itself by saying the site shows the correct information, when I've mentioned it has displayed the previous information for months after I've placed my order. Geez....

Unfortunately I didn't do a screenshot of the previous info, but I clearly remember to see a reference to HSC/LSC/HSR and LSR, where now there's only HSC/LSC and simple Rebound adjustment.

Do you happen to have a screenshot?

Tim

Feb 2, 2019
Belgium
The description never said HSR/LSR for me but in the highlight they clearly talk about the new grip2 damper.

Received your charger yet?

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
The description never said HSR/LSR for me but in the highlight they clearly talk about the new grip2 damper.

Received your charger yet?
Charger gets here tomorrow ???
I have a lot of biking to do in the next few days....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles