Just got my Spectral:On 9.0 - NO CHARGER on the package

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
I can't express how angry and frustrated I am with Canyon right now.
I've waited 6 months for this bike, spent a lot of money on it, and today I got the package.

NO CHARGER ON THE PACKAGE!

And to top it all, customer service says no biggie, we'll get a charger to you in 3 weeks.

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Can you say "escalate"? I don't mean go from conventional to nuclear, call CS back and ask for a manager. Very politely ask the manager to overnight a charger. If they say no, ask to speak to their manager.
-
I hope they can work it out faster for you! My Giant was as dead as a rock the morning after I brought it home. I wasn't a happy camper.

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Tell them you'll order one yourself and ask them to refund you the amount you spend. 3 weeks doesn't work for you...

They might not have one on hand if all their units went out already.

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
thank you guys, both valid suggestions. I couldn't get to someone on the phone, just via chat, as I waited for the end of the day to unbox.

Seems like I have the entire weekend to ruminate on this.

Damn, I was happy like a kid unwrapping that thing, god job spoiling that Canyon!

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
That's a bummer.

Maybe you can find someone local with the charger you need that will borrow you some charge time. Or stop into a local bike shop who deals Shimano e8000 bikes and give them a sob story... see if they'll pop your battery on their charger.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Not sure how fast post works across Spain but commencal in Andorra could be a source for you . Perhaps they have a fast delivery option

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
I can't express how angry and frustrated I am with Canyon right now.
I've waited 6 months for this bike, spent a lot of money on it, and today I got the package.

NO CHARGER ON THE PACKAGE!

And to top it all, customer service says no biggie, we'll get a charger to you in 3 weeks.
Customer service is shocking,
I had the same issues, 5-6 week delay, no reason, missed out on Black Friday deals on other ebikes, they even brought out the 2019 updated bike during that time, Canyon UK said 'No worries, you will love the bike. Then it went really sour.
Send the bike back, Canyon will never appreciate your hard earned money being spent on their products and warranty will be a nightmare.

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
I had the same issues, 5-6 week delay, no reason, missed out on Black Friday deals on other ebikes, they even brought out the 2019 updated bike during that time, Canyon UK said 'No worries, you will love the bike. Then it went really sour.
Send the bike back, Canyon will never appreciate your hard earned money being spent on their products and warranty will be a nightmare.

Geez, so sorry for your experience. For a direct sale brand one would expect better customer service, and to be fair that has been my experience up to this point. Just not on this one. I'm hoping they will make it right next week, we'll see.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
there's a fairly consistent "great bikes, appalling customer service" theme on Canyon is rated "Poor" with 3.1 / 10 on Trustpilot

I would rate the bike as an 8/10 as it rode really well although had a couple of issues, customer service was 1/10 tbh. I will not buy Canyon again now and should have taken the Trustpilot ratings into consideration instead of the emtb media reviews, as these actually matter, you wouldn't buy a Porsche from Arnold Clark.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I was given even more (longer) of a run around with Canyon back when the Spec:ON was first released and NEVER actually recieved one. so many lies it was unbelievable. At one point I felt really sorry for the Canyon UK guys having tpo mop up the lies from germany. Then they started lying to me too so I fucked them off. They even lied it had already been sent out when I tried to cancel it. Cancelling procedure is a bit of a ball ache too. I assume intentionally.
After that I was looking at a Commie like you but luckily stumbled upon the Vitus. A way more suitable bike for me than any other Emtb (still is). so Pretty lucky escape really in the end

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
instead of the emtb media reviews
There are actually no genuine media reviews. Every single one is staged/controlled and comes from the launch weekend in the S of france where all the journos were treated like kings in abig ol love in.
The company stinks.

Bitter? actually not really. but I certainly wouldn't ever buy another Canyon.
Talking of German direct sales companies. Folk moan about YT and they do have their issues but their customer service has always been 100% honest with me. shame they're not interested in an Emtb (yet)

Last edited:

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
I was given even more (longer) of a run around with Canyon back when the Spec:ON was first released and NEVER actually recieved one. so many lies it was unbelievable. At one point I felt really sorry for the Canyon UK guys having tpo mop up the lies from germany. Then they started lying to me too so I fucked them off. They even lied it had already been sent out when I tried to cancel it. Cancelling procedure is a bit of a ball ache too. I assume intentionally.
After that I was looking at a Commie like you but luckily stumbled upon the Vitus. A way more suitable bike for me than any other Emtb (still is). so Pretty lucky escape really in the end
Sounds so familiar, they wouldn't allow me to cancel either. I am sure this won't be the end of my Canyon story as I returned a bike with 160 miles on the clock to them. The Vitus sold out too quickly for me to get one otherwise I would be out riding today ha ha.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
There are actually no genuine media reviews. Every single one is staged/controlled and comes from the launch weekend in the S of france where all the journos were treated like kings in abig ol love in.
The company stinks.

Bitter? actually not really. but I certainly wouldn't ever buy another Canyon.
Talking of German direct sales companies. Folk moan about YT and they do have their issues but their customer service has always been 100% honest with me. sha,me they're not interested in an Emtb (yet)

I also had many warranty issues with YT with Next SL cranks and Bos suspension, Bos were a nightmare but YT looked after me like a celebrity, great customer service and I wish they made an ebike.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
They just put my Canyon back another 2 months to wait so definitely gonna cancel now. Last time I threatened to cancel on here the next day they sent me an email saying it was gonna be sent out Feb 5th so something tells me they're spying on this forum a s well.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
They just put my Canyon back another 2 months to wait so definitely gonna cancel now. Last time I threatened to cancel on here the next day they sent me an email saying it was gonna be sent out Feb 5th so something tells me they're spying on this forum a s well.

Honestly, cancel and put your hard earned cash somewhere else, I have never experienced spending so much money on an item and being treated so disrespectfully. Just imagine dealing with them with a warranty issue, oooft!

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Honestly, cancel and put your hard earned cash somewhere else, I have never experienced spending so much money on an item and being treated so disrespectfully. Just imagine dealing with them with a warranty issue, oooft!
Yeah , I might just have to spend my cash on a cube stereo hybrid or a focus instead. The trouble is getting a bike in my size as most manufactures are sold out or have a long wait. You would think with how popular ebikes are now that manufacturers would make more bikes as the waiting times are ridiculous. I've had 4k to spend for 6 months now and it seems I can't even give my money away.

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Yeah , I might just have to spend my cash on a cube stereo hybrid or a focus instead. The trouble is getting a bike in my size as most manufactures are sold out or have a long wait. You would think with how popular ebikes are now that manufacturers would make more bikes as the waiting times are ridiculous. I've had 4k to spend for 6 months now and it seems I can't even give my money away.

The same thing happened the first few years when fat bikes came out and were growing in popularlity, only things sold out more quickly and there was serious supply chain problems. At least more manufacturers are jumping into eBikes compared to fat bikes. There is already way more selection the first few years of ebikes than there were with fat bikes. Maybe it's a meaningless comparison, but having gone through it, it was both exciting and frustrating all at the same time! Haha

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Haven’t commencal or vitus got anything These two seem to be the best choice if your comparing to the canyon The unusual sizes are often left over

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Haven’t commencal or vitus got anything These two seem to be the best choice if your comparing to the canyon The unusual sizes are often left over
Yeah, might take a look at Commencal again. I'm a size small at 5ft 7 so Commencal will probs be a long wait too. Vitus is too long travel for me as most my riding will be trails nothing really enduro based or extreme. The Canyon I was after was the Neuron in the blue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles