Just been for the first ride on my decoy

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Couple of things:

- The seat is like steel!!! My are is completely battered!! Think I’m gonna have to replace it!

- The rubber grommets on the cables are crap, anyone replaced them with anything? They stay in for like 5 minutes, wtf?!

- Coming from riding a 378wh focus the battery life on this is insane! Have done 29 miles and still 2 bars left. Awesome!

- The bike all round is awesome.... just wants you to go faster all the time!

Well happy with it, it’s also absolutely stunning to look at!!

cheers guys?????

Jeffsy29

May 6, 2020
Rockville MD
Couple of things:

- The seat is like steel!!! My are is completely battered!! Think I’m gonna have to replace it!

- The rubber grommets on the cables are crap, anyone replaced them with anything? They stay in for like 5 minutes, wtf?!

- Coming from riding a 378wh focus the battery life on this is insane! Have done 29 miles and still 2 bars left. Awesome!

- The bike all round is awesome.... just wants you to go faster all the time!

Well happy with it, it’s also absolutely stunning to look at!!

cheers guys?????

Ditto on the grommets. I use a little soapy spray (SimpleGreen or similar) to lube them, then jam them tight in the frame. Followed by the tiny micro-zip ties. Get it pretty tight, slide up against the outer edge of the grommet, tighten all the way and cut carefully.

Oh, and I just learned that the bike doesn't like to be kept at 100% charge - nor on the charger. So only juice it up 4/5 bars if you aren't regularly getting below 2 bars. Supposedly 30%-70% state of charge is good for long-life.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Ditto on the grommets. I use a little soapy spray (SimpleGreen or similar) to lube them, then jam them tight in the frame. Followed by the tiny micro-zip ties. Get it pretty tight, slide up against the outer edge of the grommet, tighten all the way and cut carefully.

Oh, and I just learned that the bike doesn't like to be kept at 100% charge - nor on the charger. So only juice it up 4/5 bars if you aren't regularly getting below 2 bars. Supposedly 30%-70% state of charge is good for long-life.

I’ll do the cable tie trick tomorrow, nice! And yeah I need to make sure I look after the battery properly, gonna do a bit of reading on that one. Didn’t look after my focus battery properly at all.
Thanks for the advice!

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands

Battery charging to 100% is not a problem for long life (capacity) of battery. Keeping it stored at 100% for long periods is detrimental to capacity!

Jeffsy29

May 6, 2020
Rockville MD
Battery charging to 100% is not a problem for long life (capacity) of battery. Keeping it stored at 100% for long periods is detrimental to capacity!
@Sapientiea - I tried to make that distinction in my post but maybe wasn't so clear. Yes, I've heard it's ok to charge to 100% pre-ride, but that I should not: 1) Leave the battery at 100% for a 'long' period of time (whatever that might be - I'm assuming more than a few days) and 2) Don't leave it on the charger once it's reached full-charge.

Does that sound accurate? I had scooped this info from a few threads that had included posts from those with electronics/battery professional background. In fact, they said the same thing about laptops and phones....which I regularly do keep on the power-supply too! But care much less about them than my Decoy!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles