Joined the Revolution

TRB

Sep 8, 2018
UK
Been on the fence about buying an e-bike for a good 6 months after trying a load of bikes on demo days. Knew I wanted a Shimano motor and was pretty settled on a commencal but I was less than enthusiastic about sending the bike back if anything went wrong with it. Cue last weekend when I was wide awake with insomnia at 2am and some googling and youtubing later this arrived yesterday

IMG_20190524_141347-2304x1728.jpg
a quick 20 miles around the local woods to get the controls and suspension setup today and I'm in awe, handles very similar to my trek remedy 8 which is a complement but being able to smash run after run is a revelation. Can't wait to get it to some bike parks and downhill.

I'm going to 3d print something to tidy up the crap trap in front of the shock, I'll post a thingiverse link when I've made it.

Riksbar

May 18, 2019
Burnley
Mines arrived today! Just setting it up now ready for a shakedown ride. And I’ve got the week off work too.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm going to 3d print something to tidy up the crap trap in front of the shock, I'll post a thingiverse link when I've made it.
That's an awesome idea.
Please post details when you've finalised it? And could you print a few to sell?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Welcome to the club - personally I haven't found the area above the motor to be an issue over the last year of ownership in terms of collecting crap, its more annoying in terms of shock access and maintenance that anything else.

TRB

Sep 8, 2018
UK
Mines arrived today! Just setting it up now ready for a shakedown ride. And I’ve got the week off work too.
Got any plans for where you're taking it?

That's an awesome idea.
Please post details when you've finalised it? And could you print a few to sell?
Will do ;)

Have they sold out again? Wiggle showing pre order for December for all sizes but small:eek:
There were 2 large last week though they disappeared very quickly, at the price they're selling them I'm not surprised!

Riksbar

May 18, 2019
Burnley
Just got back from a wet Grizedale. Still getting to grips with chucking the bike around but my god this bike is good. I’ve jumped seven years in bike tech soo was amazed by the performance of the suspension and tyres giving me incredible levels of grip, the motor performed really well although I intend to play with e-Tube to tweak the trail setting. Other than that it felt like a normal bike, I barely noticed the extra weight although that may come on more jumpy, manually trails. I did manage to snap a tooth of the big cog though.

tonyker

Jan 28, 2019
Surrey
Just got back from a wet Grizedale. Still getting to grips with chucking the bike around but my god this bike is good. I’ve jumped seven years in bike tech soo was amazed by the performance of the suspension and tyres giving me incredible levels of grip, the motor performed really well although I intend to play with e-Tube to tweak the trail setting. Other than that it felt like a normal bike, I barely noticed the extra weight although that may come on more jumpy, manually trails. I did manage to snap a tooth of the big cog though.

I snapped a tooth on my first ride and got a new cassette from chain reactions sent next day. might be worth a try

Riksbar

May 18, 2019
Burnley
Well that was painless. E-mailed Wiggle, sent some pictures and a replacement XT cassette is on the way. Excellent support. They just need more bikes to sell now!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles