Join Us! Specialized UK HQ for a one time only special event! Saturday 8th February 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
morning

for anyone riding to the event, Spesh confirmed they have secure bike storage on site. (not the biggest surprise I'm sure).

I'm riding from Dorking if you want to join me. going full gas on my Levo.

see you later. my shirt will say "Dorking C***s" if you want to say hi.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Impressed with the heft weight of the SL - felt lighter than I'd expect from the figures. I'd love one if I could afford the wonga.

A lot of people concerned about longevity and reliability. For me, these are big boys toys we're lucky to be able to contemplate affording. It's a fact of life they're expensive, and our climate is wetter than most. (Spesh sell worldwide, UK is just one market). Maybe they're not for everyone ...

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Just want to say Thanks to Rob, Everyone at Specialized and that helped put on todays event, it was great to meet some people from here, and to see the new bikes and the tech in the flesh...

I think I might be a new SL rider in the next few weeks now..

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Just saw this, GWS dude

its my back mate, wasnt a crash, just an old bloke and a high mileage body :D
landed in a puddle after a jump that I thought was 2" deep or so, turned out to be up the front axle so I was thrown forward a lot more than I thought, should have gone over the bars but saved it, but it jarred my back badly and by the time I got home I was seized solid...

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
landed in a puddle after a jump that I thought was 2" deep or so, turned out to be up the front axle so I was thrown forward a lot more than I thought, should have gone over the bars but saved it, but it jarred my back badly and by the time I got home I was seized solid...

OMG I just got my first negative reaction !!! will I go to EMTB jail ?

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Oh bugger, take care mate.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Great event today - nice to be able ask questions, meet other riders and see the bikes in the flesh. Keen to demo an SL so I can compare to other bikes (don’t tell my Levo though).

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
1581201109410.png

Three now, cheers Zim! :ROFLMAO:

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
A great day, thanks @Rob Hancill and Specilized for putting it on!

It was nice to meet some of you today and I’m looking forward to catching you on the trails this year ??
Hi Jay
I sat next to you at the front; I asked a few questions regarding needing a 700w battery??See you at Peaslake.
All:
Is there a Surrey Hills emtb club?
Thanks to Rob & Spesh for yesterday and that pizza was fantastic!!
Steve

jimmyjam

Sep 10, 2018
Surrey Hills, UK
Hi Jay
I sat next to you at the front; I asked a few questions regarding needing a 700w battery??See you at Peaslake.
All:
Steve
I’m local to Surrey Hills would be interested in getting together with other EMTB rides

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
there's no club to my knowledge. make a Fb group and get going?

Nirvana Cycles at Westcott do emtb only rides 10AM Wednesdays.

I ride my Levo on our group bio rides. I just turn it low/off.

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
I don't do Faceache but I am keen to get involved or link up with other Surrey hills EMTBers.

Unfortunately until my lottery numbers come in, I am busy Monday to Friday 9-5 having to fund my bike habit and mortgage but evening and weekend rides I'll be there.

Apr 7, 2019
Sussex UK
For those on Facebook, we already have a group up and running.
search surrey hills EMTB. Come on in and say Hi. ?

Rides posted up most weekends all around the area.
Also some mid week rides which is sure to increase as the daylight lasts a bit longer for us 9-5 slaves.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Hi Jay
All:
Steve

@Robin Grant runs a successful FB group. I think you have to be ‘invited’ as it’s a private group but I’m sure he won’t mind posting here or PM him.

Surrey Hills EMTB

Rides posted every weekend.

Good to see you all yesterday, great event. Livestream is up on Rob’s channel if you couldn’t make it..

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
bit of feedback for Spesh:

Very tempted by an SL Expert.

But 2 years warranty is not much on a seven and a half grand bike that I'll likely not ride in the worst weather.

It'll fly by.

When you buy a product from Apple you can by AppleCare which extends the warranty to 5 years.

Some longer form of warranty - transferable to new owners - would really help with these big tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles