• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
None I'm afraid. Mini me also has the day off, a rare occurrence, so we're doing something family related and dog friendly.

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
I'm really looking forward to this. Any stops we do I'm happy with and I'm happy to go with what the majority decide regarding rise time and trails.

Also, I'm planning on staying overnight at a Premier Inn local to the area. Is there a bike wash at the trail centre? No way I'll be leaving my bike in the car overnight

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There's a bikewash in every Premier Inn room, you've just got to sneak the bike past reception.

Reactions: Dax

steviedsolve

Patreon
Jun 13, 2018
Wolverhampton
Here is the proposed route with Byrgwm and Abergolech marked on the map.

I completed the ride in just over 2 hours yesterday but I know the trails.

As a group who havent ridden here before I think we could easily add 30 mins to 3/4 of an hour.

View attachment 4708
Looks like a great route @Kiwi in Wales. Gutted to miss out. I should have more time in November so hopefully we could aim for a meet then. If you come to Cannock or Dalby we might meet sooner. Great organisation btw!

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Cost not an issue but I never eat whilst riding, I never have in 30 years of riding, not sure if that’s normal but it’s me I don’t mind stopping for a drink and a chat but with a 3hr drive each way I would like to Ben as economic as possible

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Evening all.

I am thinking of heading up to Wales on Saturday, planning to have a spin round Afan then stay at a camp site with electric hook up or a Travelodge if cheap enough. Thinking I will be in the Afan area for about 12.30. Makes sense for me to go to Afan as not been before and it is on the way to Brechfa, any similar suggestions welcome though. Looking forward to a great weekend. ?

Hi @Jonowinter
Afan will be a good ride out experience if you have not been before. It’s less than an hour away from Brechfa so you are nice and close for Sunday.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I'm really looking forward to this. Any stops we do I'm happy with and I'm happy to go with what the majority decide regarding rise time and trails.

Also, I'm planning on staying overnight at a Premier Inn local to the area. Is there a bike wash at the trail centre? No way I'll be leaving my bike in the car overnight

No bike wash available sorry. Car park and portaloos only.
Planning permission is currently in for a proposed trail centre and I believe has just been approved.

There is accom really close to Byrgwm with wash down facilities, Trails in Wales, but you would need to check if they have rooms available.

Trails in Wales | Welsh Holiday Cottage Facilities | Brechfa

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Looks like a great route @Kiwi in Wales. Gutted to miss out. I should have more time in November so hopefully we could aim for a meet then. If you come to Cannock or Dalby we might meet sooner. Great organisation btw!
Happy to meet down here in Brechfa in November.
Not sure what the dates are for Cannock or Dalby but if I am available I will see you then.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Cost not an issue but I never eat whilst riding, I never have in 30 years of riding, not sure if that’s normal but it’s me I don’t mind stopping for a drink and a chat but with a 3hr drive each way I would like to Ben as economic as possible

Maybe it’s best to just focus on the ride (y)
If we were all local we would have a lot more time available to faff eat and chat. However, we are not so if you want food either eat well before the ride and/or bring it with you to munch on route.

This will obviously give us a bit more riding time and a few extra runs ;)

We can always stop at the pub in Brechfa after the ride for a quick break and chat before everyone has to shoot off home.

Sib

Sep 1, 2018
Bath
Evening chaps.
1st post here for me..great site, great info..well done Rob and others. Great vids Rob.
Just back from a week in Les Gets on a Levo..what a machine. Boiled the rear brakes and got through a set of pads in a week but all good. It’s got me back into the fun of mountain biking having hung up the bike for a few years while the motorbike took over.

Hopefully I can join on Sunday but won’t know until Saturday I’m afraid ....is there any space left ?

Kiwi do you happen to know where we would meet and if there is a height restriction on the car park ( I may bring the tall beast 4x4 sprinter van unless the wife’s bagged it in which case it’s the little Panda ?) ? Great logistics by the way..

Sib
Baaath.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Evening chaps.
1st post here for me..great site, great info..well done Rob and others. Great vids Rob.
Just back from a week in Les Gets on a Levo..what a machine. Boiled the rear brakes and got through a set of pads in a week but all good. It’s got me back into the fun of mountain biking having hung up the bike for a few years while the motorbike took over.

Hopefully I can join on Sunday but won’t know until Saturday I’m afraid ....is there any space left ?

Kiwi do you happen to know where we would meet and if there is a height restriction on the car park ( I may bring the tall beast 4x4 sprinter van unless the wife’s bagged it in which case it’s the little Panda ?) ? Great logistics by the way..

Sib
Baaath.

Speaking on the groups behalf, the more the merrier- I’d suggest to just post on here Saturday if you can make it but our chief event organiser @Kiwi in Wales ? will update otherwise. ??

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Evening chaps.

Sib
Baaath.

Definitely the more the merrier @Sib
We will meet at the Byrgwm trail car park for 11am.

70EF3A52-AEA0-4D3C-8424-89D6C1F7BEDA.jpeg

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Guys!!!

Thank you so much for making the long journey to Brechfa to ride the trails with me today. Interesting to see it was a total Specialized Levo/Kenevo lockout today with no other makes present. Do you think these things are popular? Maybe not once we see how much the new 2019 models cost :unsure:

It was great to finally meet you all face to face and chat about like minded ebike stuff (y)

The time went sooo quickly and I really hope you all experienced something a bit different today when you rode the technical slow trails through the forest . I always find it quite surprising how much energy and balance is required to ride this type of terrain.

We only covered about a third of the trails today so if you are thinking about returning we should maybe make it a 2 day event so we can do all the trails you really liked today and also throw in some others.

Anyway, thank you all for coming and see you in Cannock.

001.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Looks wet, but then you are in Wales.
Interesting to see it was a total Specialized Levo/Kenevo lockout today with no other makes present. Do you think these things are popular?
They're like a clitoris...

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Another bent crank arm? :eek: How did you do that?
What length are you going for next, 100mm?

Studo

Aug 25, 2018
Bristol
Nice to meet you guys today. Massive thank you to Chris for guiding. (It is Chris isnt it Kiwiinwales?) Hopefully see you all in Cannock next month.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles