Join Us! EMTB Forums Monthly Ride Out - 12th August, Forest of Dean

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Technical climbs? We mostly blast up fire roads to get more descending in. :ROFLMAO: We have been riding with clockworkers so it's better for them.

Anything is possible though.

The off-piste is very different to Countdown and Launchpad; far more technical and challenging. They are great runs though, loads of fun and I recorded my highest top speed there; 37.7mph. :eek:

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Technical climbs? We mostly blast up fire roads to get more descending in. :ROFLMAO: We have been riding with clockworkers so it's better for them.

Anything is possible though.

The off-piste is very different to Countdown and Launchpad; far more technical and challenging. They are great runs though, loads of fun and I recorded my highest top speed there; 37.7mph. :eek:

Blasting up to blast back down is good with me ?I'm just happy being out on my bike. Not sure I'll ever hit that sort of speed but I've never actually recorded it.

akkypac

Patreon
Jun 2, 2018
East Surrey
Sorry, no can do this time but will try to check out the next...and better prepared with new tyres (Maxxis probably) and proper CO2 puncture repair kit! :rolleyes: Have a great ride though.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Are we still meeting at 10 at Pedalabikeaway?

If we’re riding off-piste it may be better to meet somewhere else, possibly Parkend. @Dax what do you think?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
PBA is an easy spot to meet, we can do a loop from there and take in some off piste. Only issue is that it looks like its going to be WET :(

Jamer

Aug 10, 2018
Lydney
Hi All, just joined the forum, would be keen to ride but can't make Sunday, I'll look out for the next one. Glad some of you seem to have been to Dowies me and two friends built Dowies 3 4 and 5 so know the area well. Hopefully catch up soon.

Jamer

Aug 10, 2018
Lydney
Ha possibly, although there are a lot of Kenevo riders in the Fod these days, I know 9 riders with them (including Dowie himself:) I've had mine a couple of weeks so have been spending a fair bit of time riding there recently as opposed to maintaining which is definitely more fun.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Might have met you up at the top of 3/4 the other week. Theyre great trails.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Just a heads up for those who haven’t been before; don’t rock up at 10 expecting to park in the same postcode as the cycle centre. The hard standing fills up quite early. There’s plenty of overflow parking though.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Also as a few have asked I will bring various sizes jerseys etc if anyone wants to try for sizing ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Another heads up or three;
1. The bike wash takes pound coins and they don't like giving change at the cafe.
2. There is credit card payment option for parking now, but seems pretty temperamental so it might be best to bring pound coins.
3. There are showers on site. You'll need...

...you guessed it; pound coins.

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Wish i could join you but ive got other commitments tomorrow
Did 40+ km there today. Trails were riding awesome. Did start raining wet stuff about 3pm and still drizzling now. Forcast more of the same for tomorrow
Recommend a light waterproof jacket
At worst there will be a bit of surface water. Trails have been rock hard and dusty dry for months
Enjoy !!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Great times ?

077B32AB-1E16-4FBE-9516-71B255C0787B.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles