Join Us! EMTB Forums Group Ride, Surrey Hills, 27th Jan 2019

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
How do you do that? Does it take Strava data?

Yes. Mines set that every time I upload a ride to Strava it send me a notification to ask if I want to process it. I think you get a few a month or something (or pay for unlimited). I’ve only used it a couple of times but it’s quite cool

ERadar

Jan 23, 2019
Hampton Court Surrey
Great days riding, thank you for organising Rob and to everyone else for making it so good. Thanks also to the chap on the red Levo who pulled my bike off me after I took a geriatric tumble over a vast precipice (read: small slope).

Hey Benson, you are welcome. I wish I could have caught your acrobatics down the bank on camera!!

Great ride and meeting everyone. Also loved the look of some of the people we passed in a 30 EBike train.

Rob, I Look forward to the next one. Although hopefully not as muddy, it took me far longer than 15mins to clean my bike!

akkypac

Patreon
Jun 2, 2018
East Surrey
Out of interest, how many out of the 25-30 riders made the whole ride? I came unstuck, i.e. tumbled several times downhill, off Ey-Up T1, so headed back to Peaslake. Off piste? Piste off more like! Mind you, it was nice to meet the gang and bump into @JetSetDemo in the car park. Oh well, will up my game next time. Thanks to Rob and co for organising!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
@Stumpy's S-Works Levo ?

DSCF0884-Edit-2.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Out of interest, how many out of the 25-30 riders made the whole ride? I came unstuck, i.e. tumbled several times downhill, off Ey-Up T1, so headed back to Peaslake. Off piste? Piste off more like! Mind you, it was nice to meet the gang and bump into @JetSetDemo in the car park. Oh well, will up my game next time. Thanks to Rob and co for organising!
No way!! Sorry to hear this, didn't realise that you binned it.. Hope you didnt get hurt? And also, @JetSetDemo did you make a sneaky appearance?!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
@akkypac are you confusing me with jet set? We had a catch up in the car park, didn't realise you hadn't made it through - after the first runs I started acting as a sweeper so to speak and going down last to check no one had got lost or come a cropper, which I think is probably a good idea for someone to do when we have a big group out.

akkypac

Patreon
Jun 2, 2018
East Surrey
@akkypac are you confusing me with jet set? We had a catch up in the car park, didn't realise you hadn't made it through - after the first runs I started acting as a sweeper so to speak and going down last to check no one had got lost or come a cropper, which I think is probably a good idea for someone to do when we have a big group out.
No confusion with you. Jet set was taking a separate ride later with other mates (as if!?) so it was just coincidence I saw him. It was my prob entirely that I got separated and think I ended up following an entirely different group! I think you need to hold up some special EMTB Forums umbrellas next time! (Another merch option, @Rob Hancill ??)

akkypac

Patreon
Jun 2, 2018
East Surrey
No way!! Sorry to hear this, didn't realise that you binned it.. Hope you didnt get hurt? And also, @JetSetDemo did you make a sneaky appearance?!
Apart from my ELEMNT holder shearing off, the only thing that hurt was my pride. Thankfully no-one was around to witness 3 dumb falls on the same hill! I'm going to nail that SOB when the trail dries. Looking forward to the next one...and figuring out the identity of the familiar first group rider! Do you know who I was referring to? Had a slight Brummie accent and full face helmet...

akkypac

Patreon
Jun 2, 2018
East Surrey
Apart from my ELEMNT holder shearing off, the only thing that hurt was my pride. Thankfully no-one was around to witness 3 dumb falls on the same hill! I'm going to nail that SOB when the trail dries. Looking forward to the next one...and figuring out the identity of the familiar first group rider! Do you know who I was referring to? Had a slight Brummie accent and full face helmet...
He's on the first group ride pic, second from the right (wearing FOX shirt)...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles