Join Us! EMTB Forums Group Ride, Sat 15th June, Surrey Hills

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The ride can be split into two groups, one advanced and one a bit more chilled, though to be fair I don't think any of the trails we will be doing are super gnarly

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Toddlers and pre-schoolers. Just don't take the toddlers down a Black run in the wet... o_O

estoril

Patreon
Sep 28, 2018
UK
What are the ground conditions likely to be like on Sat, does it all drain well or will it be a mud/slop fest? Just wondering if I need to swap tyres!

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Hard to say! Depends what your going from and too. It does drain pretty well but I haven’t been up there this week. There will be some standing water and ‘slop’ pits but if it hasn’t tipped it down Friday it should have dried off enough to mean wet weather gear should be needed..

See you Sat :)

J2

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Just a quick heads up - I was there earlier today and the entrance to Walking Bottom Car Park is pretty bombholed right now, so if anyone drives a particularly low or slammed car you are going to want to take it easy on the way in or out

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
OK 24 riders on this one, should be a great ride. I can't wait to get out... been such a washout all week!

Weather is looking GOOD so far, no rain tomorrow or Saturday forecast.

Screenshot 2019-06-13 at 18.41.36.png

We will set off at 10am SHARP. Route will be from Walking Bottom Car Park. GU5 9QW postcode.

The aim of the day is to have a great, fun ride, meet new people and explore new places.

Will be a mixture of blue trails with some RED features. Please stay within your skill level and comfort zone!!
  • Some small drops that can be ridden around
  • Some muddy conditions so will be slippy
  • Some jumps than can be ridden around
  • Other small technical features
If you NOT comfortable with any of the sections, please let me know asap (either via PM or on the day before we set off). I will stay with you and guide you around.

We will get pictures from approximately 9am , so if you want some instabangers etc get in early!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
What the aprx distance, and are we doing one continuous route or crossing though the village for a stop off? Just need to figure out if I need to carry water with me and bring a rucksack or if we are stopping for a tea break near the store I won't bother.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
What the aprx distance, and are we doing one continuous route or crossing though the village for a stop off? Just need to figure out if I need to carry water with me and bring a rucksack or if we are stopping for a tea break near the store I won't bother.
Great question...

We will stop off about half distance back at Peaslake (for refreshments) after about 90 mins of riding.

Then carry on for the rest, approx 90 mins.

Approx 22 miles.

Steveyj

Jun 14, 2019
Liphook
Hi all. Just joined this forum to respond to this thread. Quite new to all this world of MTB and EMTB and loving it and heard good things about Surrey Hills, so tempted to come, will my skill level be ok if I'm fine with the blue and some of the red trails I've done at Swinley previously and new blue at qecp, just don't want to be a drag for the rest of you!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles