Join Us! EMTB Forums December group ride, Afan Forest, Sunday 9th December

BJep

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
Thanks Rob- see you there

And Markymark- I am based near Hindhead down the A3 but happy to travel to Swinley anytime, and further afield if work allows. Very keen to ride and learn mate so drop me a line anytime you are up for it :)

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
Thanks Rob- see you there

And Markymark- I am based near Hindhead down the A3 but happy to travel to Swinley anytime, and further afield if work allows. Very keen to ride and learn mate so drop me a line anytime you are up for it :)
Get Xmas out of the way and we'll see if we can arrange something. Are there any trails down your way?

BJep

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
Get Xmas out of the way and we'll see if we can arrange something. Are there any trails down your way?
Lots of lovely scenic places to ride near me but its a mix of fire roads, mixed use trails, and single track rather than dedicated bike trails (as far as I know). Agreed lets get xmas sorted...

Jonowinter

Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Bournemouth
I am no not going to make it tomorrow, long way to travel in one day plus got a family thing that I should probably go to. I rode whites levels the day before we did Brechfa, really enjoyed it, funnily enough it was pissing with rain then also, still great fun though. Enjoy ?

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
I'm pissed off right now!.. it looks like i won't be there tomorrow. Changing the rear pads and saw that only on piston was working properly, pushed it back in gave the lever a couple of tugs to see what the other three we're doing and 'pop' the good piston drops out loosing brake fluid. Now i have no pressure in the lever and it pulls right back to my grip ? 20181208_182925.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I'm pissed off right now!.. it looks like i won't be there tomorrow. Changing the rear pads and saw that only on piston was working properly, pushed it back in gave the lever a couple of tugs to see what the other three we're doing and 'pop' the good piston drops out loosing brake fluid. Now i have no pressure in the lever and it pulls right back to my grip ? View attachment 8596
Ahh no! Needs a rebleed!

Jonowinter

Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Bournemouth
I'm pissed off right now!.. it looks like i won't be there tomorrow. Changing the rear pads and saw that only on piston was working properly, pushed it back in gave the lever a couple of tugs to see what the other three we're doing and 'pop' the good piston drops out loosing brake fluid. Now i have no pressure in the lever and it pulls right back to my grip ? View attachment 8596

Oh @Tunny that is crap. Dropped my bike to the shop earlier with the same issue, the rear inner piston is the only one doing anything, they checked it last visit and replaced the pads but the same thing has happened again. The piston protruded much more than the other three when the pads wear. I will see what the shop says. They are also replacing my rear hub. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Thanks to @happyarthur1979 for the ride tips.

Time:
9:30am meet set off 10am

Pictures:
From 8:30am-9:45am get your bike pics taken for those Instabangers // Facebook with Genadi & Rob

Trail / route
W2, 3000 ft of climbing, 24 miles in distance

Start point:
Afan Argoed
Afan Forest Park Visitor Centre
Cynonville
Port Talbot
SA13 3HG

The Ride:
W² takes in Their Wall & Whites Level trails which are the 2 best trails at Afan. A good mix of everything.

Half way around we arrive at the Glyncorrwg centre which is a great place to stop and refuel we will spend 30 mins here. Some nice home cooked food in the Corrwg Catch Cafe which is owned and run by a family from the village.

Everything is sign posted (Black W² signs ) so easy to follow the route. The descents of both The Wall & Whites are great with awesome views.

See you there,
Rob.

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Oh @Tunny that is crap. Dropped my bike to the shop earlier with the same issue, the rear inner piston is the only one doing anything, they checked it last visit and replaced the pads but the same thing has happened again. The piston protruded much more than the other three when the pads wear. I will see what the shop says. They are also replacing my rear hub. Hope you get it sorted soon.
I'm so gutted I'm going to miss this one. In hindsight i should have just ran with the original pads for tomorrow and replaced them after but i didn't want to risk scoring the disc aswell as the pads are very low. Only about .5mm left on them at one end.

I've got plenty of spares in my kit but the one thing i haven't got round to buying yet is brake fluid and bleed kit.

Have a great ride though guys ?? i look forward to seeing the photos and videos.

E'POWAH!!

20181208_205657.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I'm so gutted I'm going to miss this one. In hindsight i should have just ran with the original pads for tomorrow and replaced them after but i didn't want to risk scoring the disc aswell as the pads are very low. Only about .5mm left on them at one end.

I've got plenty of spares in my kit but the one thing i haven't got round to buying yet is brake fluid and bleed kit.
If you want I can bring some shizzle. Brakes / bleed / bike whatever you need...

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
If you want I can bring some shizzle. Brakes / bleed / bike whatever you need...
Thanks for the offer mate (you're a legend! ?) but with Afan being a 3hr drive and the potential for it not to work properly after I'd rather not risk it ??

If it were FoD or Cannock i would of came along and had a go at it in the car park.

happyarthur1979

Oct 5, 2018
Bridgend, South Wales
Thanks to @happyarthur1979 for the ride tips.

Time:
9:30am meet set off 10am

Pictures:
From 8:30am-9:45am get your bike pics taken for those Instabangers // Facebook with Genadi & Rob

Trail / route
W2, 3000 ft of climbing, 24 miles in distance

Start point:
Afan Argoed
Afan Forest Park Visitor Centre
Cynonville
Port Talbot
SA13 3HG

The Ride:
W² takes in Their Wall & Whites Level trails which are the 2 best trails at Afan. A good mix of everything.

Half way around we arrive at the Glyncorrwg centre which is a great place to stop and refuel we will spend 30 mins here. Some nice home cooked food in the Corrwg Catch Cafe which is owned and run by a family from the village.

Everything is sign posted (Black W² signs ) so easy to follow the route. The descents of both The Wall & Whites are great with awesome views.

See you there,
Rob.

Your welcome @Rob Hancill - hope you have a cracking day... Gutted I can't join you.
W² is only graded as a Black due to the distance, both The Wall & Whites Level are Red graded trails individually. Neither has anything to catch you out!
Look forward to the footage Rob??

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I’m afraid I won’t be there either. Dropped my bike in for some new forks and they only got finished today after some other bits needed doing and couldn’t pick it up today, life admin!

Have a great ride guys and hopefully see you soon.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
If anyone else is concerned about developing last minute unexpected mechanical issues there is a cracking bike shop mechanic at Glyncorrwg that is open from 9:00 am. Also the forecast for tomorrow looks a bit drier.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Gutted I couldn't make this one, looks like some proper trail riding is some amazing landscape

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
@Kiwi in Wales 2019 Levo above rocking the DT Swiss F535s with an epic 5" steerer!

Just to clarify, the forks are a ‘demo’ set that TF Tuned set to me to use for a week so obviously I could not cut the steerer tube down to the correct length for my bike as it would mean they would not fit other bikes due to the very short head height of 95mm on the medium Levo.

However, it creates a great place to hang your helmet on when you are off the bike or on the down side something to punch through your chest as you go over the bars :eek: which luckily did not happen yesterday ;)

The forks work really well and give me loads more confidence throwing it into corners and as Rob said ‘great mid stroke support’.I will be swapping them over for a set of Lyriks to see how they compare in the next few days :unsure:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Just to clarify, the forks are a ‘demo’ set that TF Tuned set to me to use for a week so obviously I could not cut the steerer tube down to the correct length for my bike as it would mean they would not fit other bikes due to the very short head height of 95mm on the medium Levo.
Oh yeah - I forgot to add that!

Be interesting to get your thoughts on them vs Lyriks.

bikerider007

Nov 7, 2018
Norfolk

However, it creates a great place to hang your helmet on when you are off the bike or on the down side something to punch through your chest as you go over the bars :eek: which luckily did not happen yesterday ;)

The forks work really well and give me loads more confidence throwing it into corners and as Rob said ‘great mid stroke support’.I will be swapping them over for a set of Lyriks to see how they compare in the next few days :unsure:
Hey kiwi.. Didn't get bpw? just didn't get up early enough... But did go here by accident.. Sort of.. After yesterday I was thinking about the suspension.. My route came within a mile so went for a visit.. Turns out I had way to much pressure in the forks so they sorted that and have recommended an upgrade kit that would put them on par with the dt swiss which I was shocked at.. Sorry for the pun.. Top guys at tft.. Got shown around a bit great bunch of guys.. Lots of ebike love there.. IMG_20181210_124250.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles