Jam2 frame cracked

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
And by cracked I mean pretty much sheared in half!! Jesus.
Got the bike in November, have done about 900 miles, NOT HAPPY!!

80A62D7B-DB74-4DD3-890F-15734A677892.jpeg

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Ouch! Warranty should sort that, but not ideal to be without your bike for however long it takes to sort though.

What kind of riding do you do?

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Cracked straight through the weld. That'll be interesting to see in bits. I guess somebody didn't do their job properly on that one.

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
And by cracked I mean pretty much sheared in half!! Jesus.
Got the bike in November, have done about 900 miles, NOT HAPPY!!

View attachment 32086

Hey Yorkeshirelad, that absolutely SUCKS! Sorry. I would not be happy either. As everyone has said should be covered under warranty and hope Focus sort it for you super quick. Good luck. Interesting to know how Focus respond and sort it. Let us know how you get on.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
I’ve spoken to Rutland Cycles and began the warranty claim process, will let you all know how it goes start to finish.
Have had a fair share of problems with this bike to be honest, probably enough to put me off Focus in future. Shame because it’s a really good bike when it’s right!

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I’ve spoken to Rutland Cycles and began the warranty claim process, will let you all know how it goes start to finish.
Have had a fair share of problems with this bike to be honest, probably enough to put me off Focus in future. Shame because it’s a really good bike when it’s right!

Rutland should see you alright, they sorted me a replacement charger quickly even though the lockdown had only just started.

Not good though, I shall keep checking mine!

Billy1mate

Apr 17, 2019
Dorset
I bought my Focus from Rutland and the 2 minor issues I’ve had they’ve been brilliant, hopefully I haven’t cursed your swing arm replacement. You could always ride the RS instead??‍♂️?

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Hey Yorkeshirelad, that absolutely SUCKS! Sorry. I would not be happy either. As everyone has said should be covered under warranty and hope Focus sort it for you super quick. Good luck. Interesting to know how Focus respond and sort it. Let us know how you get on.
More to the point, it will be interesting to hear how the shop deals with it as consumer law is on his side in that his contract is with the retailer.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
They are saying it’s going to be 2 weeks until the warranty team gets round to looking at my claim, god knows how long it will take after that...... I reckon I’m going to be without my bike for a couple of months from what they have said. Reduced staff due to covid-19 so can barely ever get through to them. It’s a living nightmare!!!!!!

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
3 weeks and counting.......
Still no reply from Rutland or Focus, Rutland customer service is abysmal, In the three weeks of me trying to ring them constantly I have managed to get through 3 times. Covid-19 I know but come on!! I feel like I’m no further on with this than when I first noticed it, so frustrating!!
just send me a swing arm I’ll fit it myself!

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
They are saying it’s going to be 2 weeks until the warranty team gets round to looking at my claim, god knows how long it will take after that...... I reckon I’m going to be without my bike for a couple of months from what they have said. Reduced staff due to covid-19 so can barely ever get through to them. It’s a living nightmare!!!!!!
That’s a bit of a worry for you, if it takes two weeks to look through warranty claims they must have a lot. :unsure:

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
There maybe one way to get their attention if you paid by credit card, a section 75.
Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, it protects you against faulty goods, breach of contract etc for up to 6 years from the date of purchase, the law holds the credit card company jointly liable with the retailer meaning you can claim a refund from your credit card provider if you are unable to get it from the retailer, its a straight forward process and one that any retailer should not ignore as the card provider simply issues a charge back against them.
You can obtain all relevant information from your card provider or have a look online first so as you understand the process, the process is very much weighed in your favour.

Spreaders

May 4, 2020
Cornwall
Still no reply from Rutland or Focus, Rutland customer service is abysmal, In the three weeks of me trying to ring them constantly I have managed to get through 3 times. Covid-19 I know but come on!! I feel like I’m no further on with this than when I first noticed it, so frustrating!!

Thanks for the update but sorry it's not positive news. Pretty poor show seeing as they are managing to sell bikes without too much delay.

I know from my recent attempt Focus not interested in direct contact so you kind of stuck with waiting for Rutland. Sure it will get sorted but delay is frustrating.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
There maybe one way to get their attention if you paid by credit card, a section 75.
Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, it protects you against faulty goods, breach of contract etc for up to 6 years from the date of purchase, the law holds the credit card company jointly liable with the retailer meaning you can claim a refund from your credit card provider if you are unable to get it from the retailer, its a straight forward process and one that any retailer should not ignore as the card provider simply issues a charge back against them.
You can obtain all relevant information from your card provider or have a look online first so as you understand the process, the process is very much weighed in your favour.
Will look into this, thanks for the help ??

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Thanks for the update but sorry it's not positive news. Pretty poor show seeing as they are managing to sell bikes without too much delay.

I know from my recent attempt Focus not interested in direct contact so you kind of stuck with waiting for Rutland. Sure it will get sorted but delay is frustrating.
Yes exactly, selling bikes - yes no problem bike will be with you in a couple of days. Customer service - oh erm covid-19, no staff, 2 weeks minimum. Bollocks!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

I believe that all the Rutland Cycling locations have shut down except the one in Peterborough.
Early on in the lockdown I wanted to visit the Whitwell facility at Rutland Water and rang first to make an appointment. I was put through to the Peterborough shop and after some initial confusion, the guy told me that they were all shut except Peterborough. All the staff had been furloughed. That will be one reason why it is taking so long to process warranty claims; they are all being funnelled via just the one shop. I thought that they had a central office somewhere, they certainly have a big warehouse somewhere that will have offices.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
I believe that all the Rutland Cycling locations have shut down except the one in Peterborough.
Early on in the lockdown I wanted to visit the Whitwell facility at Rutland Water and rang first to make an appointment. I was put through to the Peterborough shop and after some initial confusion, the guy told me that they were all shut except Peterborough. All the staff had been furloughed. That will be one reason why it is taking so long to process warranty claims; they are all being funnelled via just the one shop. I thought that they had a central office somewhere, they certainly have a big warehouse somewhere that will have offices.
I think they have 9 stores open currently, I’m sorry.... it’s not good enough.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
According to their website, 03 / 06 / 20 and 06 / 06 / 20 the COVID-19 update states that all 8 locations are open but operating with reduced teams.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles