Jam2 Dropper Post Removal!?!

ricardowight

Dec 28, 2018
Isle of Wight UK
Hi All,
This is a call for help/tips on how to get the dropper post out of the frame?
It may be a basic thing, but this is the first bike I've had with one.
I've bought a new seat post clamp to replace the crappy original one, and I thought I'd just undo the clamp, pull the post up and out, disconnect the cable then fit the new clamp, reconnect the cable and done.
But there doesn't seem to be enough spare cable to pull the dropper out of the seat tube.
Has anyone else done this?
I reckon the cable must be bunched up/fouled somewhere in the downtube or motor area?
Advice please!!!
Cheers

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Undo the dropper lever at the handlebar and that will give you the extra bit of cable length to pull it out of the seat tube.

On some bikes you will have to drop the motor in order to free the outer cable from being trapped between motor and frame.

Karsten

ricardowight

Dec 28, 2018
Isle of Wight UK
Doh,
Cheers Kirsten - it's easy when you know how eh!!
All done now and the Nukeproof Seat Clamp is much more robust than the original and looks much better too.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
Your going to have to put the bike on its back, remove the rear wheel, take off the bash guard, pull some cable through, then feed it into the Down tube as you pull the dropper out.

Pull the cable back down as you refit and make sure it still works before you refit everything, the tension on the cable in the downtube can affect the operation of the lever on the dropper.

The cable is routed on the outside of the motor so no need to drop it.

ricardowight

Dec 28, 2018
Isle of Wight UK
Yes Peaky Rider, I was lucky too, once I'd removed the lever off the bars it freed up enough cable to do the job as suggested by Karsten.
No need to take the bash guard off. Job done.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles