Jam2 (Bosch) main pivot guard

@nts77

Jul 9, 2020
Lancashire
First ride out and the main pivot ended up like this.....
IMG_20200709_204718.jpg
)

@nts77

Jul 9, 2020
Lancashire
On the right chainstay I utilused the existing cable guide and a slightly longer bolt, the cable tidy hole on the left side and one more zip tie round the bridge.
I might make it a bit shorter as it does hit the seat tube when the susoension compresses, but will see how it goes first.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Rear mudguards are not something I use (tend not to go out when it rains in this part of the world as there's a risk of being washed away). However, I think you'll find that it will not work. Mud will just fill the well between your guard and the pivot.

There are loads of threads about rear mudguards on here and the only ones that prevent the rear pivot getting filled with crap are these horrible Mudhugger things which hang right over the rear wheel.

@nts77

Jul 9, 2020
Lancashire
Thanks for the feedback, I have one of the mudhuggers on another bike and it sure does keep my bum clean, but it still drops all the crud on to the bridge at the bottom of the seatpost. Hopefully my design will drop the mud out below the pivot. The top of the guard is almost touching the seat post so not sure how enough mud will get in front of it to fill the gap?
If it stops only 50% I'll be happy with that.

I'll report back after my next ride.

Last edited:

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Thanks for the feedback, I have one of the mudhuggers on another bike and it sure keep my bum clean, but it still drops all the crud on to the badge at the bottom of the seatpost. Hopefully my design will drop the mud out below the pivot. The top of the guard is almost touching the seat post so not sure how enough mud will get in front of it to fill the gap?
If it stops only 50% I'll be happy with that.

I'll report back after my next ride.

Certainly well worth a try. Those Mudhuggers are plug ugly. Good luck (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles