JAM2 9.6 PLUS Carbon

Revelry73

May 25, 2019
Rainford
So.... after much reviewing and general pissing about I’ve decided to by the 9.6 PLUS for £4200 with TEC Pack and £300 goodies thrown in. Question is..... do you rate the bike? If so why? Also, what’s the difference in reality to the 6.7 plus, just components? I can’t seem to find any major differences ??‍♂️ Wondering if I’ve ballsed up and should have gone for 6.7 or 6.8

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
I have got the 9.6 plus.
Had it around five weeks and rode it every weekend since. Brilliant bike, climbs up inclined a regular bike just can't.
Front Revelation forks take a bit of fettling, just remember to change to Tubeless and run around 20psi in the front tyre or less, helps the forks work a little better.
I get around 18miles on standard internal battery with 2000ft elevation on mainly Boost mode.
Any questions just ask.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
I have got the 9.6 plus.
Had it around five weeks and rode it every weekend since. Brilliant bike, climbs up inclined a regular bike just can't.
Front Revelation forks take a bit of fettling, just remember to change to Tubeless and run around 20psi in the front tyre or less, helps the forks work a little better.
I get around 18miles on standard internal battery with 2000ft elevation on mainly Boost mode.
Any questions just ask.
Yeah i love mine, got mine setup to the usa region and love it even more now. Im running my psi pressure at 25 front and 20 back. Still playing with it though.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
So.... after much reviewing and general pissing about I’ve decided to by the 9.6 PLUS for £4200 with TEC Pack and £300 goodies thrown in. Question is..... do you rate the bike? If so why? Also, what’s the difference in reality to the 6.7 plus, just components? I can’t seem to find any major differences ??‍♂️ Wondering if I’ve ballsed up and should have gone for 6.7 or 6.8
Get the 9.6 plus, its much better looking imho. The 6.8 has a curve to
20190709_162325.jpg
the top tube that i didnt like and the colour is like a greeny blue whereas the 9.6 is more an agean blue.. much nicer. The weight difference isnt rhat much so wouldnt worry about that. Like others have said get it setup tubeless and you'll probs need a new seat as well as the one that comes with the bike is a killer.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have had the 2019 9.6 NINE since early Jan'19. I test rode the 2018 6.8 PLUS and it was the first emtb that I had ridden where I forgot I was on an e-bike and just had fun without having to think about the mode I was in, the noise etc.

The colour is Aegean Blue metallic from Peugot. You can get touch up kits in any Halfords (for those in the UK).

I weigh 14.5 stone (203lbs / 92kg) in my riding gear. First job was to go tubeless. I then changed the Maxxis Rekon tyres quite soon after for Maxxis HR II 3C. The HR II are slightly narrower than the Rekons (2.5 vs 2.6), but all I notice is the extra grip. 17psi front, 20 psi rear. I have the suspension set up to 28% sag front (attack position) and rear (seated). The shock goes through a lot of travel very easily, but I have never bottomed it out. I don't like the fact that it uses so much travel, but I haven't felt that it was bad enough yet to add any spacers to stiffen up the later travel. The fork was soft at the start but ramped up very quickly. So after several months, I removed the single spacer for very beneficial effect. I may add some spacers to the shock later, if only to see what the effect is. I know what it should be, but I won't really settle until I have tried it.

Look out for cold weather! Your charger will be a 4.5Amp charger and it has been widely reported and discussed at length on this forum that there are some faulty ones out there. The symptom is that when the charger/battery is below 11degC and the battery is at a low state of charge, the charger just switches itself off. It happens to the TEC pack battery as well, unless you happen to have it in the house in which case it charges just fine. The Focus solution in my case was to replace the battery, despite the LBS confirming it was the charger and providing evidence. By the time Focus did this, the cold weather was gone and nobody could say whether it was the new battery, the charger change, or the warmer weather that had made the difference. The LBS gave me a 4Amp charger and it was the 4Amp charger that always worked irrespective of the temperature.

Summary: I am very happy with the bike, absolutely love it! I test rode about 8 different ones and this was the one I chose. But it is my first emtb and I may have been equally happy with any one of dozens of different bikes that I never got to test.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I'd wait and get the 2020 model (even though you've got a pretty good deal) simply because it has a decent size battery that you can remove
It's a bit of a pain having to drag the whole bike indoors in winter because, if it's like mine, it won't recharge when cold. Also, it's a complete pain having to drag the TEC battery around with you 'just in case'.

I had already made my mind up that my Drifter would be going, to make way for a 2020 model, until I saw the new 2020 Moustache on EMBN, wow! What a looker.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles