Jam2 6.9 Drifter

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Of all the emtbs I had test ridden, the Focus Jam2 was the one that lit me up.

I hovered over the drifter for a while. Apart from the obvious I didn't see a major difference between it and the 6.8 I test rode. I bought the 9.6 NINE in the end, brilliant bike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Is the Drifter a slightly beefed up version of the Jam? The top end drifter 9.8 is quite the looker IMO

Focus-News-2019-Header.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Is the Drifter a slightly beefed up version of the Jam? The top end drifter 9.8 is quite the looker IMO.........]

Nope! It has a 29er front wheel and a 27.5 plus on the back. The Drifter above looks very similar to my 29er below/
Focus (1).jpg

Apart from the tan sidewalls, can you spot the difference?

ricardowight

Dec 28, 2018
Isle of Wight UK
Both beauties.
Apparently the Drifter frame has the front triangle off a 29er and rear of a 27.5er.
Looks like a great bike.
I'm also a fan of the skin walls.
They remind me of Panaracer Smokes circa 1992ish !!

Stanny

Jan 19, 2019
Guernsey
Am fascinated by the incredible colour of the Drifter and would be very keen on spraying this onto an existing trailer, which a friend and I are currently converting into a 'bike trailer' to start transporting unto 3 Focus Jam2's . I see the colour is referred to as 'petrol blue', but the RAL equivalent (RAL 5009) does not seem to be right. Would anybody please be able to pass onto me either the RAL or BS equivalent code for the new Drifter colour.....?!!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
This does not answer your specific question but might help. I have a Focus Jam2 of that colour and I've got a paint chip! So I went looking at my local auto store (Halfords in the UK) to see what I could find. The closest I could find was Peugot - Aegean Blue Metallic.
I haven't used it yet, but it looks very close indeed.

With Focus being a German company I tried all the German car companies first but nothing they had came close to the Peugot one.

Stanny

Jan 19, 2019
Guernsey
This does not answer your specific question but might help. I have a Focus Jam2 of that colour and I've got a paint chip! So I went looking at my local auto store (Halfords in the UK) to see what I could find. The closest I could find was Peugot - Aegean Blue Metallic.
I haven't used it yet, but it looks very close indeed.

With Focus being a German company I tried all the German car companies first but nothing they had came close to the Peugot one.

Thats a great help Steve, which may have saved us a great amount of time, especially if you had already been on the hunt around all the german car manufacturers. Will be sure to send through a picture of the finished article when the time arrives.....

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thats a great help Steve, which may have saved us a great amount of time, especially if you had already been on the hunt around all the german car manufacturers. Will be sure to send through a picture of the finished article when the time arrives.....
@Stanny

I can't guarantee that it is a perfect match, but it looks very close to me. See the pics.

Here is the before:
Paint chip 1.jpg

Here is the paint sample:
Paint chip 2.jpg

And here is the finished article. I didn't bother with the undercoat as that needs 24 hours to dry before overcoating and I don't have time for that. I spent a few minutes with the very small brush in the applicator and then let it dry. I helped it on its way with a hairdryer because I wanted to put some helicopter tape over it before I ride tomorrow. It seemed to work because I didn't get any bleeding when i applied the tape. Because I had other stuff to do as well, there was about half an hour between painting and tape application.
I also treated a scratch on the seat stay and you couldn't see that either. Poor photos though so none shared here.

Paint chip 3.jpg

It is there I assure you! :)
Try zooming in.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles