Jam2 6.8 nine derestricted with speedbox 3.0

petermad

Jan 24, 2020
belgium
Thank you
Ive just bought the Volspeed as I didnt want the countdown timer. Will update all once fitted and over duration... any reason you didn't go for this chip?
I do not know about the Volspeed. Might work just as good. Let us know.

Darkfiber

May 11, 2020
UK
500km with volspeed v3 on a gen4, no issues, super nice chip that allows you to secure it with a code, set your speed per 1km/h, and even have a dynamic mode, and no countdown timer.

all in all, the volspeed is the better (and cheaper) chip than speedbox.

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
I'd be more interested in results after the bike has had the software update which is stops it being so sensitive to the 504 errors.

Yeh mine went into limp mode with the 504 error appeared on the weekend, as I left the house and was riding on the road. Bike only has 505kms on it, completely standard . Software version 1.0.2.0. Hardware 0.0.6.0. Bike is in the LBS to fix........

petermad

Jan 24, 2020
belgium
Yeh mine went into limp mode with the 504 error appeared on the weekend, as I left the house and was riding on the road. Bike only has 505kms on it, completely standard . Software version 1.0.2.0. Hardware 0.0.6.0. Bike is in the LBS to fix........
Are you sure, you have speedbox 3.0 with CX performance next gen ?

Darkfiber

May 11, 2020
UK
I'm amazed how many people still consider speedbox for a gen4... if you dont mind a timer every time you stop, and bricking your motor if you disregard the timer, only be able to set the speed in 5km/h increments, and no security code to activate, the speedbox chip is your way to go :p

Ccmx

Jul 1, 2020
France
I'm amazed how many people still consider speedbox for a gen4... if you dont mind a timer every time you stop, and bricking your motor if you disregard the timer, only be able to set the speed in 5km/h increments, and no security code to activate, the speedbox chip is your way to go :p
which one would you recommend then ?

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Hi Petermad,
I am thinking about buying a Speedbox.

Could you tell me if it is still working properly on your side?
No error message?

How many kilometres/miles?

According to his board stats (which you get by hovering the mouse pointer over his name) Petermad hasn't been seen on here since mid-May. Maybe he's still waiting to get out of jail... :whistle: ?

Cobee

Apr 30, 2023
Poland
most recent update.
Two friends also have speedbox 3 for Bosch 4gen cx. No problems.
Please precise what soft ver. It was be ?
Somebody have a problems with speedbox 3.0 on Bosch gen 2 du 1.8.6.0 ?
I installed this. Before I had magnet on crank. On magnet I felt more power assist on higher speed - ( maybe motor saw lower speed (crank cadence).
But I was forced to install speedbox 3.0 because error 504 stop me (after ca 500km).
How Is possible that my Bosch gen 2 recognize manipulation- is that smart beast ?:)

Last edited:

Mysfit

Sep 28, 2022
France
My Jam² 6.7 nine has been updated few weeks ago with Speed Box 3.0 too. Amazing !
Ultimate upgrade
A must to have

Cobee

Apr 30, 2023
Poland
Time is ticking away.
Please write number of soft. If somebody looking for information After 2 years is not the same rules for “ultimate upgrade”.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles