I've broken 2 battery rock guards on my 2020 Levo Comp.

ridehard

Aug 20, 2019
Israel
Only one bolt hole you can attach other end with industrial Velcro only trouble I find is if I remove battery the glued bit comes off as it's always rainy here's so use another piece of Velcrco I used it with bolt only for 800miles and it was ok but not enough thread in my opinion . Still look for bolt M12 x 1.25 pitch 19mm the one for battery but I would get another 5mm and cut if needed. Other hole lines up with drain hole .

View attachment 24542

View attachment 24543
what's the thickness of this aluminum sheet? 2 / 3 mm?
I want to make me one just like it.
Some sizes and numbers will be great ;)

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
what's the thickness of this aluminum sheet? 2 / 3 mm?
I want to make me one just like it.
Some sizes and numbers will be great ;)
I'm away on holiday so won't be able to give you that till Sunday 26th. Few people on here got them someone may pick up on your post .

daju

Apr 21, 2019
manchester by the sea, ma
Grounding out or hitting step ups etc? Sag too low may be contributing to the former but your suspension would need to be seriously bottoming out and even then there is clearance. If the latter then more front wheel lift/manual required for trail obstacles. I don't see the Rockguardz lasting long if you keep hitting stuff...its carbon! The Amygos is a better design and material but as the poster above mentioned, good luck trying to order one!
I'm in the USA and just ordered and promptly received the amygos guard--expensive but hi quality and easy to order if you Email vfernandez@[email protected]----I messaged him in French and he wrote back in English pay thro PatPal
Amygos.fr website

Wheezer

Nov 10, 2019
Upstate New York, usa
I just received a replacement Specialized rock guard from bestbike.de in Germany, and a rockguardz from England. 9 days from order to delivery in upstate New York.

Wheezer

Nov 10, 2019
Upstate New York, usa
I am very happy with the RockGuardz. It is now a single piece. You can charge with the battery in the bike with no extra step but to remove the battery you must take off the RockGuardz, but this is trvial. I now have them on both of my Levo Comps. I too am in the states.

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
I am very happy with the RockGuardz. It is now a single piece. You can charge with the battery in the bike with no extra step but to remove the battery you must take off the RockGuardz, but this is trvial. I now have them on both of my Levo Comps. I too am in the states.

anychance you could post some photos of it fitted? No worries if you’d rather not though ?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Still deciding between Rockyguardz or Amygos for my 2021 FF Levo. Curious if you can charge without removing RockGuardz. Also if RockGuardz is still two pieces or if updated to one piece. Big investment considering I’m in the states. Thank you!

these look good quality.... Here

a carbon fibre one will be a waste of money. It's just going to crack apart.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So often the word "carbon" is used to describe a product....and it tells you nothing! Carbon fibre is brittle. It cannot withstand impact. If however it is a composite...e.g. carbon/kevlar...that is a different story. Apart from the addition of Kevlar in the composite simple UD or Biax carbon is probably the last material you would choose to withstand impact!! Polyprop would be my choice.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The only decent one I have seen is the Amygos. I dont like the idea of using the pretty flimsy battery bolt...or more specifically the damage that could be done to the battery threaded part, and I dont like the fact that neither of the ones you quoted seem to have any ability to act as a bash guard because they will not absorb a shock without transmitting that shock directly to the original battery bash guard. They are in fact just skid plates. At the very least I would want to put a layer of moto foam between the skid plate and the battery bash guard, but that still leaves potential damage to the battery bolt.....a good bash guard would cover that rather than use it as an anchor I reckon. The skid plates quoted would deflect stones but probably no better than the battery bash guard which is ribbed inside. If you ground out on rock it will bend....and stay bent probably breaking the bash guard!

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
The only decent one I have seen is the Amygos. I dont like the idea of using the pretty flimsy battery bolt...or more specifically the damage that could be done to the battery threaded part, and I dont like the fact that neither of the ones you quoted seem to have any ability to act as a bash guard because they will not absorb a shock without transmitting that shock directly to the original battery bash guard. They are in fact just skid plates. At the very least I would want to put a layer of moto foam between the skid plate and the battery bash guard, but that still leaves potential damage to the battery bolt.....a good bash guard would cover that rather than use it as an anchor I reckon. The skid plates quoted would deflect stones but probably no better than the battery bash guard which is ribbed inside. If you ground out on rock it will bend....and stay bent probably breaking the bash guard!
Totally agree Mikerb! I'm sold on the Amygos. Now I'm trying to translate the Amygos (French) website to English. Don't suppose anyone would have the exact URL for the BottomBracket/Motor/Battery bash guard for my 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo (Full Fat, not SL) 29er size Medium?
Is it this link?
My concern is it says 29er but it also says 27.5

Tim22

Jan 15, 2020
Boise, Id
Thanks to all who have replied with helpful info. I'm now deciding between AirProFork and the offering from Pedalhounds. I'm in the U.S.A. so I'm inclined to order from AirProFork (to save $ on shipping) but I'm concerned the AirProFork bash guard doesn't include a spare 20mm battery bolt like the one from Pedalhounds. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

It doesn't use the bolt. Velcro and Velcro strap. Mine has not come off in a yr of use.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Amygos is the best one without a doubt. I had one in my old Kenevo and it took a right beating and I never had a issue with it. I tried a Rockguardz one before it and it was total crap in comparison.

I don't like the guards/skid plates that use the battery bolt to locate. It's the the last thing I'd want to rip the thread out of!

That's the right link @Unicycle_DG just follow the steps through to order it.

peterk

Jan 11, 2020
Canada
Amygos is the best one without a doubt. I had one in my old Kenevo and it took a right beating and I never had a issue with it. I tried a Rockguardz one before it and it was total crap in comparison.

I don't like the guards/skid plates that use the battery bolt to locate. It's the the last thing I'd want to rip the thread out of!

That's the right link @Unicycle_DG just follow the steps through to order it.
I just want to add that I have an Amygos on my Giant Stance-e. It has taken many good hits on rocks that previously broke the OEM guard. The Amygos is scratched but nothing more.

Dirk74

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2020
Germany
Totally agree Mikerb! I'm sold on the Amygos. Now I'm trying to translate the Amygos (French) website to English. Don't suppose anyone would have the exact URL for the BottomBracket/Motor/Battery bash guard for my 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo (Full Fat, not SL) 29er size Medium?
Is it this link?
in english

daju

Apr 21, 2019
Is it this link?
Email Amygos At vfernandez@[email protected]-

Oldmtber

Oct 9, 2019
Worcester
Z1ppy, thanks for the response. I didn't know anything about the low/high chip. I'll check it tonight. I just ordered the RockGuardz.
I’ve got a Rockguardz. Works well, easy to fit and has the very welcome advantage of keeping the winter crud away from the lower end of the battery compartment and especially the battery bolt. How well it will protect against serious rock strikes I have not yet had the opportunity to test!

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
Last (and probably silliest) question about the Amygos. Could it cause the motor to overheat? With the foam, which I like for extra protection and noise reduction, it doesn't look like the motor is getting much air. Again, probably a silly question. Just wondering if anyone running an Amygos ever had issues with the motor overheating. Thanks again all.

daju

Apr 21, 2019
Last (and probably silliest) question about the Amygos. Could it cause the motor to overheat? With the foam, which I like for extra protection and noise reduction, it doesn't look like the motor is getting much air. Again, probably a silly question. Just wondering if anyone running an Amygos ever had issues with the motor overheating. Thanks again all.
A Thanks for Email correction

B I've run the Amygos on some long 90 degree days No problem apart from my own overheating

speciman

Jan 29, 2023
najek7di62
Dernière question (et probablement la plus idiote) sur les Amygos. Cela pourrait-il provoquer une surchauffe du moteur? Avec la mousse, que j'aime pour une protection supplémentaire et une réduction du bruit, il ne semble pas que le moteur reçoive beaucoup d'air. Encore une fois, probablement une question idiote. Je me demande simplement si quelqu'un utilisant un Amygos a déjà eu des problèmes de surchauffe du moteur. Merci encore à tous.
IMG_20230714_184304.jpg

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
My son broke his and the replacement he got was a hardened rubber rather than thermoplastic....much better at absorbing the occasional scrape or hit......his bike is a gen 2 comp.

speciman

Jan 29, 2023
najek7di62
E tôle d'aviation ep 3mm, fabrication maison avec gabarit, attention c'est une tôle qui ne se tord pas en principe
ALu ordinaire trop mou,bon courage

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles